What's new

I need advice on which sub to choose. Experiences are welcome. (1 Viewer)

Tor Arne

Stunt Coordinator
Which is better for music? REL Strata III, B&W ASW-2500 or Audiovector M-Sub Signatur?
REL Strata III:
strata_III.jpg

Pressure chamber. Gets a lot of praise but is just a little too big. But if the bass is good enough. :)
B&W ASW-2500:
bwasw2500.jpg

Pressure chamber. Reviews say it's superfast (I suppose that means it's good for music). Size is tiny and it's B&W (I am a little biased). :)
Audiovector M-Sub Signatur:
msubthumb.jpg

Slave driver (I like). Looks the part. Dealers claim it's one of the more musical subs. Size is perfect. :)
I'm not worried about HT-performance because I don't need to "rock the walls". My front speakers are CDM7-NT, soon to be joined by CDMC-NT and two CDM1-NTs. :)
------------------
Picture of my setup so far:
http://tahustvedt.homestead.com/files/stereo01.jpg

David Judah

Screenwriter
Of the ones you have listed, I have only had experience with the B&W sub. It is a solid performer, but won't go as deep as some more expensive subs(of course you said you didn't need to "rock the house").
Have you thought about building one yourself?
There is alot of great info. in the Advanced/DIY section. I would never go back to a pre-built sub, but if I ever did I would get an SVS sub. They're built by DIY'ers without many of the compromises and costs associated with a traditional consumer sub.
BTW, nice choice on the speakers. I have(CDM 9NTs, CDMC SE, and B&W 602s). :)
DJ
[Edited last by David Judah on August 28, 2001 at 01:05 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks