I need advice on my home theather setup?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidV, Nov 15, 2002.

1. DavidV

DavidV Extra

Nov 14, 2002
    I am am new to Home theather forum. I just want to say this forum is great.( very informative.)

I have just purchase some speakers and want some opinions?
    For the fronts I bought paridigms monitors 11's v3.
    For the center I bought paradigms CC-370 center channel
    For the rears I have Polk audio's RC65i in wall speakers
    And for a sub I bought a SVS 20-39pci
    For a reciever I have a Denon 3600
    I am using a pronto tsu2000 for a remote
    For a tv I have a 65" Mitsubishi 16:9 high definition tv

I have not listened to the new speakers because the are on order. I recieved the sub today and SVS makes a great sub. This thing rocks. I had a polk PSW 150 before.

My question is should I upgrade the polks to paradigms inwall speakers. Would the polks sound OK or should I upgrade. I already had the polks for a while and didn't want to mess with mounting new in wall speakers.

The second question is my reciever is about 5 years old. It dosen't have the new formats like Dts ect.. It does have AC-3. Should I upgrade the reciever to get the new formats. Would I hear much of a difference. IF so what reciever would you recommend.
  2. David-TF

David-TF Agent

Aug 31, 2002
    For movies DTS rules[​IMG] I would match the surrounds with your fronts and center to have all your speakers timbre mathed.
  3. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

May 27, 2002

For me the best format is DTS, but If I were you I would first match my surrounds, and the upgrade my receiver, and you will se a difference, and if you have the space and your budget allows you, go for an 6.1 or 7.1 setup.

Hope this helps,
    Pablo Abularach