What's new

I need advice on my home theather setup? (1 Viewer)

DavidV

Grip
I am am new to Home theather forum. I just want to say this forum is great.( very informative.)

I have just purchase some speakers and want some opinions?
For the fronts I bought paridigms monitors 11's v3.
For the center I bought paradigms CC-370 center channel
For the rears I have Polk audio's RC65i in wall speakers
And for a sub I bought a SVS 20-39pci
For a reciever I have a Denon 3600
I am using a pronto tsu2000 for a remote
For a tv I have a 65" Mitsubishi 16:9 high definition tv

I have not listened to the new speakers because the are on order. I recieved the sub today and SVS makes a great sub. This thing rocks. I had a polk PSW 150 before.

My question is should I upgrade the polks to paradigms inwall speakers. Would the polks sound OK or should I upgrade. I already had the polks for a while and didn't want to mess with mounting new in wall speakers.

The second question is my reciever is about 5 years old. It dosen't have the new formats like Dts ect.. It does have AC-3. Should I upgrade the reciever to get the new formats. Would I hear much of a difference. IF so what reciever would you recommend.

David-TF

Agent
For movies DTS rules;) I would match the surrounds with your fronts and center to have all your speakers timbre mathed.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I agree with David DF,

For me the best format is DTS, but If I were you I would first match my surrounds, and the upgrade my receiver, and you will se a difference, and if you have the space and your budget allows you, go for an 6.1 or 7.1 setup.

Hope this helps,
Pablo Abularach

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks