What's new

I need a quick link- front projection- (1 Viewer)

Patrick-J

Agent
I have a sceptical friend who doesn't believe that modern LCD projectors are bright enough to use in any room condition other than total darkness. Anyone know of a link to pictues of projectors running under various lighting levels to provie my friend wrong?

Thanks

Patrick

JasonGarrett

Agent
I don't have any pictures, but I watch sports with the lights on with my Sony HS-10. Movies are certainly better in the dark.

Patrick-J

Agent
Jason,

The HS-10 is actually the projector I'm thinking of buying, which skeptical friends think will be too dim. Of course they haven't looked at an LCD projector in years, but that's besides the point. How far do you have your HS-10 from the wall, and what type of screen are you using?

Thanks Patrick

JasonGarrett

Agent
Patrick,

My throw distance is 13.5 - 14 feet, and I'm projecting onto a 92"x52" (106" diag) DaLite High Contrast Matte White 1.1 gain screen. As long as the sun doesn't shine on the screen, it's fine for TV. I watch TV with the lights on and Cinema Black on. For movies, the darker the room can be the happier you'll be.

HTH,
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks