I need a progressive scan DVD player with great picture quality.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil Joseph, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I know there are now a lot of progressive players out there but let's face it, some are better than others at producing that progressive picture. What are some of the better brands/models out there? I will be projecting on a 16:9 92" screen so DVD player quality comes into the equation in my setup. Projector is Sony VPL-VW11HT LCD and screen is Greyhawk from Stewart if that matters any.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Neil, buddy, trust me when I say that if I were in your enviable position—pardon my jealousy, sir!—I would spring for the forthcoming Sony 999. That just might be a nirvana-inducing player.

But I looked at the current Stereophile Guide to Home Theater only hours ago and read the review of the new Krell DVD player. A real bargain at $8,000.

Marantz is also worth considering. And Denon's upper-level players are superb.

I would be absolutely confident in the Sony, though. I can't wait to read a review.

3. Bruce_S

Bruce_S Second Unit

Neil,
    I purchased the "Zenith DVB216" progressive scan player from circuit city last week for $130. I was looking for an affordable player to replace my PS2. I really like tis player, however, I can't use the progscan feature yet b/c I my old Sony 27" tv doesn't have compenent video.
    Read the link below, hope it helps...
    http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...?tag=pdtl-list
    bruce