What's new

I need a new Receiver(low end) (1 Viewer)

CBennett

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Bennett
Seemingly my old Kenwood just isn't gonna cut it(its at least 7 years old now) with the new GT50 Panasonic TV and 220 Panasonic Blu-Ray...the old Kenwood does not have a single HDMI and only 1 optical outlet..so I want to get this done. I Have a 5.1 system and DO NOT plan on(probably ever) upgrading past 5.1 its plenty for me. The old Kenwood is a VR-605 100X5 for its "listed" power Id like something similar I guess but obviously that will work with the new TV and DVD player. Im looking at the stuff from accessories4less.com. obviously the lower priced stuff....what is recommended/will work..ive already spent more than I planned so im VERY limited....I even thought about waiting to fall when id have more $$..but the most I spend on receivers is $250 tops even then id not spend more...I was thinking one of the $109-150 Denons or Onkyos I just dont know which one(s) to look at or which is "better"/

CBennett

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Bennett
I think it would work fine. All I believe will be hooking up to it is the bluray player really so tv(panasonic gt50), the 220panasonic bluray and the receiver and 5.1 speakers. Maybe a game system for the kid but that seems tobe it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Then you don't need the AVR to do much. 90% of people over buy their AVR. And with just a game system and BD player...you are set with the RC330...and it is a tad over bought...but they don't get much simpler. The only wrangle here is if the game is a Wii. You'll either need this... http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-1080P-Output-Upscaling-Converter/dp/B007PY3ZPG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363013836&sr=1-1&keywords=wii+hdmi Or move up to the RC360 or NR515 (HDMI upconversion...takes analog signals and adds them to the HDMI)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks