I need a new monitor..Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Steeves, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Brian Steeves

Brian Steeves Second Unit

Well my puny 14" monitor is finally on it's way out!!! Horray!!! And I've been given the green light to get a new one!! However I know nothing about monitors and what to look for. That's where I need your help guys. I figure someone must be in the know.
    OK the particulars...
    Budget is $300 and under.
    I would like the biggest display possible for the money without sacrificing picture quality.
    I want to buy it locally not online. So I need to be able to buy it at stores like Best Buy, CC, CompUSA, etc..
    I would prefer a 19" but a high quality 17" would be OK I suppose.
    So what do you think Guys? Can you point me in the right direction or tell me what to look for?
    Thanks
    Brian

2. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Under $300...can you get a really good 19" or 17" for under $300? I'm not sure. I bought a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u about 2 years ago or so. About $900 if I remember correctly. Beautiful 19" Flat face monitor with built in USB hub. I tend to not go cheap on my monitors. When I was shopping I went to all the big guys' web sites. Took a look at specs and then took the model numbers that looked good and hit the review sites. Then when I narrowed it down even further I went to the stores. Unfortunatly non of the stores had the monitor I bought so I got it online.

3. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

Check out Tiger Direct for some great deals on monitors. I highly recommend looking for a Trinitron-based tube for the best picture quality.