What's new

I need a new "all-in-one" printer. (1 Viewer)

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Alas, my trusty old HP OfficeJet 500 has finally gone kaput. :frowning: It can no longer feed paper and any attempt to feed paper results in a lot of unpleasant screeching noises.

Any suggestions for a decent all-in-one fax printer that costs US$175 or less?

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
SethH,

Yes, I'm thinking of getting an HP OfficeJet 5610, too. That looks like a pretty good unit, but I hope I can get replacement ink carts for cheap! :)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
You know you're never going to find replacement carts that really cheap.

If color is not a big deal why not go with mono toner based technology? Yes it will be more upfront but depending on your print volumes it can be a real cost saver in the long run.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Patrick_S,

I had considered going to a laser-printer based multifunction printer but alas, the upfront costs of those models are often WAY over that of the HP OfficeJet 5610. :eek:

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
When I was looking for a printer I went and checked out the print cartridge prices since those cost can outweigh the initial very quickly

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Damned right they can. I bought my current (Lexmark) multifunction because it was on sale for only about $10 more than what two new cartridges for my old Xerox would have cost. :) It was like buying ink and gettng the printer/scanner/fax for free. (After a couple of bad experiences I stay away from off-brand cartridges and self-refills, so now I wait for sales and coupons and stock up when I get a decent price on the Lexmark carts.)

Regards,

Joe

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Scott L,

I had considered an HP OfficeJet 6210 but that is quite a bit more expensive than the OfficeJet 5610 and doesn't offer much more in the way of functionality, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks