I need a mp3 player...Any suggestions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EarleD, Jun 21, 2002.

1. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

I started to jog everyday and would like to get a nice basic mp3 player. I require 2 hours of playback (64 meg), but more is great.

I have looked at CC and found the Rio 600, but this only has 32megs(1 hour). Everything else they have is over $200. I dont wnat to spend this much.

I dont need bells and whisltles just a nice easy to operate player. Random playback would be nice. An arm strap would be great.

Are there any players that use Sony Memory sticks? My camera uses memory sticks and this could be convienent.

I would like to spend no more than $100. Used is a option.

Thanks

Earle

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

3. Jeffrey Johnson

Jeffrey Johnson Stunt Coordinator

I almost bought a Rio 600 until I started reading about complaints of them dying rather quickly. Go over to amazon.com and look at the user reviews for it. Ugly...

I ended up buying the Creative Nomad IIc. I got it at BB for $120. It comes with 64MB internal, and I added 128MB for $48 (from newegg.com). So far I'm really happy with it. I can't vouch for the pc software, but on the Mac it uses iTunes, which couldn't possibly be any easier. I can't recommend it highly enough.