What's new

I need a manual component video switcher.. (1 Viewer)

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
Something under 50.00 would be nice so I can connect an xbox, ps2, and my toshiba dst-3000 to the dtv input...any suggestions?

John

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I dont think there is a component switcher out yet. I searched for a while for it and just decided on a s-video switcher by interact

capt

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Joey, there are absolutely component switchers out there, though they're fairly expensive. I'm actually using a composite switchbox from Radio Shack to switch component video, and I'm running an optical cable from the HD pack directly to my receiver.
This has been discussed a few times:
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
Adam, how's the composite been working for you? I only need to run xbox and my hd dst-3000 to the dtv input on the mitsubishi 55809...ps2 is on another 480p component input by itself as well as the dvd player on the other 480p input...

John

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
It's worked like a charm, though actually having to get up off my couch is a mild annoyance. :) I haven't noticed any signal degradation on my admittedly smaller display (using a 36" 480i-only VVega), though the results have been exceedingly positive in the other threads I've read where HTF users with comparable equipment to you have gone down that same route.
I believe this is the model I have:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D1978

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I meant switchers in the area or $50 or less without any hastle

capt

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
I use a composite switchbox to connect my Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube to the one component input on my 27" Panasonic Tau and it works great. Only cost me $10. It was recommended to me by a tv tech at my old job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks