What's new

I need a LD Player and Star Wars! (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hehe...I can't wait any longer! I just can't take it. Anybody that can help me with this problem, email me @ [email protected] I have some Energy Take 5 speakers for trade...maybe some more stuff, but if I need to buy them...I can.
thanks for the help guys...

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Matt,
I was in the same boat as you. I was needed a Star Wars VHS fix as well so I got the trilogy set on DVD (not the crappy VCD) in DTS sound. A lot cheaper than buying a LD Player just to play 3 LD's (although they are the best/only LD to have :)
May the force be with you anyway!!!
Chris

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Eh...huh. What DVD set with DTS sound would you be referring to? Some bootleg?

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure. I had just got a dvd player and I let a friend borrow them right after I got the DVD's (which reminds me......) It looks ~ LD quality, but better than VHS by far!!! I didn't have a DTS decoder at the time but I just got a new set up so I will get them back and reevaluate them.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Chris...You do know that the Original Trilogy hasn't been released "officially" on DVD, Right? You have bootlegs.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've got one offer, but I'd like some others. I'm in desperate need of a Laser Disc player asap. Please...someone out there has to have one for sale...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I was just thinking. I'd be willing to pay a little more money for a better player. So feel free to reply or email me even if you don't have a real cheap one.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Update: Looks like I prolly have the Star Wars LDs covered...now I just need a player. Still looking for the 125~ish range. But the lower, the better. Email me or reply.

Thanks

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
Matt,

I've got a Quasar LD500 (just a rebadged Panasonic LX-101) in excellent shape. Single-sided and no AC-3 out. Includes box, manual and remote.

I'll take $75 shipped. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Chris Hiter

Stunt Coordinator
I am actually looking for the same thing but I really need an AC-3 out. Willing to go up to $150 or maybe higher if needed. I have the three star wars laser discs but they aren't the widescreen so if anyone has these and are willing to part please email me.
[email protected]

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
Do you have a full set of Energy Take 5 including the 8" sub. I might be willing to trade for that and maybe something else. I have a Pioneer DVL-700, combo Laser/DVD. AC-3 out, dual sided player and a demodulator! This is a good Laser player. I also might be willing to sell seperately my Star Wars Definitive CAV collection and my DD Star Wars box set. You can email at [email protected]
jeff

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Jeff...you've got mail

And to everyone else...I found a player. I'm still in the market for botht he Definitive Collection and Special Edition LD sets though.

Chris Hiter

Stunt Coordinator
Which player did you end up getting? I am still in the hunt for a decent LD player that sends out digital sound.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I ended up going with the Pioneer D505 ... nice features and only 183 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurtlePen
Recent bookmarks