What's new

i need a hard disk equipped dvd player which can act as music server (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
hi guys.

i need a dvd player with about 250 gigs of hard drive inside to record my wife's favorite tv program. we are also going to use hdmi or perhaps dvi ( if necessary ), because we want to use a 42 inch high def plasma from either panasonic or lg. we havent decided on which plasma...but i want to use it for either xbox360 or nintendo revolution or even ps3.

any recommendation?

can the hard drive be used to store WAV files? i just ripped every cd i have, and i want to have a music server as well.

as long as the price for the dvd player is less than 1500 dollar, i will consider it.

thank you

RomanSohor

Second Unit
check out one of the TiVo DVD recorder units.. Humax and Toshiba make them.... you might be able to do some king of music sharing if you have wireless networking in your house...

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
tivo is not available anywhere here in my country.

someone offered pioneer brand, but i was too busy to pay attention and i lost the brochure. he said the 160 gb hard drive CAN be used to store WAV files! is that true or what? has anyone here use hard drive in dvd player to store and play WAV files?

come on guys, i need to make sure before i make my decision.

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator
A low cost option would be to modify an XBox. I put a 200gb drive in mine and installed XBox Media Center among other things. Lots of info on the web on how to do this. I was surprised how easy it was.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
thanks for the suggestions.

i have an xbox!

steve, can you please provide me a few links on how to do that? i am really busy in the office and i need all the help i can get.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks