What's new

I need a dentist! (1 Viewer)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I got a sore mouth. my right side bottom molars are killing me. Across the jaw and all the way up the side of my head. I've taken advil all day and I've also tried Ambesol. The only thing the ambesol did is make my mouth numb... in conjuntion with the pain:angry:
I think it may be my bottom wisdom tooth(I got three left,two bottom one top right side) I got no pain when I chew, floss or brush just a constant pain all the time. Problem is I am very closterphobic(sp) I can't stand people closing in and around me. Malls, stores and even sitting on the couch with people on either side of me make me uncomfortable. Thats why I only got one wisdom tooth out so far. I almost got sick last time.
Anyone else like me? For some reason Though I can take a lot of pain. People at work call me a big dumb dinosaur cause it takes a good ten minutes before I realize I've hurt myself:b But I guess you didn't need to know that. Still gonna go to the dentist though:frowning:

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Shawn,
Absolutely set up an appointment with a dentist ASAP!
I just went in earlier today and had a pretty bad cavity drilled and filled.
It took me a while to figure out why I had a KILLER headache for the last three days till I realized the cavity I had on one of my top molars.
The one thing you want to stress with the dentist's office is that you need an Emergency Appointment. At least around hear if you call a dentist with a true, clinical emergency they have to find a way to fit you in and relieve the immediate pain. So they might just quickly fill a cavity and write you a prescription when it might need a root canal but at least you will be out of that excruciating pain until you can schedule a normal appointment to finish the tooth repair.
I'm actually still a little sore around the gums as I type this but at least I know tomorrow things should be back to normal.
As far as the pain right now, you could try a couple of things but I know from experience that nothing takes away all the pain until you visit the dentist.

You could try a saltwater rinse (warm water and salt) slush around in your mouth for 30 seconds

Colgate sells a mouth rinse that is made to sooth gums and mouth pain, I think it's called Peroxyl.

Ambesol, Orajel and other topical anesthetics may work temporarily

I ended up needing 2 tablets of Tylenol with codeine at night to fall asleep the pain was so intense. During the day I used Advil and Tylenol to take the edge off.

Well I hope some of this has helped even if ya just know someone else is going through it.
Good luck and get to a dentist.

Regards,
Brian

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I totally feel for you. My wisdom teeth were yanked out two years ago. My bottom left one had an enormous cavity in it. I couldn't sleep. I hardly ate. I finally managed to get to my dentist and he in turn, scheduled me an appointment for an oral surgeon.

The warm saltwater rinse was a good temporary solution before I was able to get to the dentist.

Best of luck...

Scott.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately I have to wait till next week. It was pretty bad during the night but for some reason it doesn't hurt now. It lasted 'bout three days. I was up around 2-3am for an hour while the advil kicked in. I must do something to set it off. christmas chocolate I supose.

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
If you haven't already, let the dentist know of your problems with being 'penned in'. Find out if he uses or can use something to knock you out until the dental work is completed. We have a couple of dentists down here who put you to sleep and then do whatever needs doing.

It is worth your peace of mind to look around and find a dentist with whom you are comfortable.

Paul

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Shawn,
Glad to hear you have an appointment for next week but if the pain comes back I wouldn't hesitate to call in an "Emergency Appointment" as I suggested before.

Chocolate and coke should be limited or avoided for their obvious sugar content but they also have lots of caffeine which could be another trigger for the pain.

Glad to hear the pain has subsided for now.

Brian

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Ya it still hurts a little but I should be fine until then. We got any dentists in the house? I am a little worried about cost as It could get expensive. plus if I get my wisdom's pulled out I will be off work a couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks