What's new

I need a Class Act DVD player... (1 Viewer)

ReneA

Agent
I just purchased the Sony SCD-C555ES SACD player. I almost opted for the Sony NS900v but opted for the 555es to hopefully:D capture the best SACD in this price range. Now it's time to find a replacement for the old Toshiba 5109. Can someone point me in the direction of the hottest progressive scan DVD in the $350-$550 range?

Bob Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
I am waiting for the Philips 963SA. It should be out within the next month or so. The Picture on the 962SA has gotten high marks from what I've read. TV Authority lists it at $402.

Bob

David*RT

Stunt Coordinator
The Pioneer models are known for their exceptional DVD abilities. Pick a model that's within you budget.

The transports are so good that even the transports in the cheap units are the SAME used in multi-kilo buck machines of other manufacturers.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
A little off topic, but when I saw your thread subject, I went back in time to buying school supplies and thought to myself, "Class Act is making DVD players? :confused:"
We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
:cool:
-Lyle J.P.

MikeSRC

Second Unit
Denon 1600 or Panasonic RP-91. They're the best in that price range, and neither has the chroma bug.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Rene, I too would recommend the Denon '1600 or Panasonic 'RP91. Both offer DVD-Audio, which would complement your 'C555ES SACD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks