What's new

i need 7.1 receiver for small speakers (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
the speakers are smallish paradigm cinemas. please recommend me a receiver with 7.1 output. the speakers themselves can handle 70 watt.

thanks

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
How much are you looking to pay for the receiver?

For $300 online you can get the Pioneer VSX-D811S.
For $750 online you can get the Pioneer Elite 43TX

For $675 online you can get the Denon 3802

For $650 online you can get the Sony DA4ES

These range from the middle/entry level to the higher/middle end level. There are lots of others that i didn't mention, these are just some i know of right off that support 7.1 speaker configurations.

Your price point it a big factor, along with what other features you're looking for, what brands you like, and so on and so forth.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 811S and 41 does share an amp for the back surrounds, but it does support 7.1 speaker setups. This is what i have now, and i am using a 7.1 setup. The 43TX and 45TX both have full 7 channel amplification. Depending on how much $$ you want to spend, i would go with either the 811S or the 43TX.

One note John, it's 43TX and 45TX... the TXi is only going to be the 49TXi upgrade.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
what about under 500 bucks? actually i am not going to purchase the receiver in usa. i have denon avr2802 here. the new receiver would be for my sister's home in indonesia. i have heard about shops selling onkyo, yamaha and denon.

thanks for the responses so far. i want it as cheap as possible without sacrificing too much quality. i just dont need the fancy features, like cool remote control, etc etc.

what about yamaha...

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
looks like all 7.1 receivers were made for big speakers. please let me know if there were one that is made for smaller speakers.

Chris Purvis

Stunt Coordinator
Harman Kardon sells their refurbished units direct from their homepage for cheap cheap cheap and they come with a 2 year warranty.

The AVR-320Z is like $398.00 and it is a 60 watt 7.1 receiver.

Zacha R

Stunt Coordinator
The Denon 1803 (about $499 US) has a feature where its single rear amplifier can be hitched to two rear speakers. It would depend on the ohms of your rears.
See www.usa.denon.com/catalog and look under Receivers. There's a users manual that should tell you the rating of the rear A + B speakers.
I assume by 'small' you mean 'cheap'.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The problem with HK is that while they do have 7.1 processing, they only have 5.1 amplification. To move up to 7.1 you would have to ass external amplification for the rear channels.

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
Stephen, the s key and the d key are next to each other on the keyboard, you just need to look closer or proof read. Or was that a Freudian Slip? (ass-rear?)
You typed:
"..you would have to ass external amplification for the rear channels."
:b Thanks though, I needed a laugh tonight!:emoji_thumbsup:

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
*LOL* Thanks for catching that. I usually type my longer posts in word then copy and paste, but it wouldn't have caught that. At least I didn't slip up on the word LUCK or something worse. :)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
bwahaahah

i thought you guys had another slang for rear channels.

i actually like denon, avr1803 sounds okay. but i am afraid they wont have it in south east asia. it is gonna be the first on my list though.

while we are at it, please suggest something else.

thanks

Zacha R

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know. Campsiehifi.com.au have their 1802 on clearance.

By extrapolation.. their 1803s are probably on the way, and here in Australia I think we get things around the same time as 'Asia' (i.e. the part of Asia we're not in).

Then again, I have no idea if we actually get things from Europe. Anyway..

As for other receivers, I think the Marantz 5200 is around the same price, and pretty good too. I hear. The Marantz x300 series are on their way too. So the 4300 will apparently have EX/ES decoding, but only the one rear speaker terminal as far as I know. (The 4300/5200 would work the same way as with the Denon's dual rear speaker output, except that you'd be wiring both speakers to the one output. That is, the same speaker ohm issues to take into account. I assume. Don't take my word for it. Still, if they have surround-back channel pre-outs, you could use an old stereo amplifier.)

DanielN

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone explain how the rear surround speaker in a 6.1 can be split into 7.1?? For example if 100W was sent to the back surround does it split the wattage in half for each speaker?

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
The problem with HK is that while they do have 7.1 processing, they only have 5.1 amplification. To move up to 7.1 you would have to ass external amplification for the rear channels.
AVR 325
AVR 525

or a refurbished 520, and amplification (amplify the mains though)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks