I need 24-inch TV recommendations. please!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by eugene-w, Jun 6, 2002.

1. eugene-w

eugene-w Extra

Hello.
    I purchased a Toshiba 24-inch TV set last week but this set a lot of problems (uneven brightness across the screen, tilt problems and more) so I will return it for a refund tomorrow (this was the replacement set).
    Can you guys recommend some nice flat 24 inch TV sets for me? I am a poor college student and can only afford about $400 at the time (the toshiba was $350.00). I'd really apprecite your help!
    Although the Toshiba has some problems, picture looks great. I am now so spoiled that I can't go back to my 10 year old 19-inch Sharp. [​IMG]
    Thanks a lot!

2. Dan V

Dan V Stunt Coordinator

Eugene, Sams Club has an Akai (Samsung Dynaflat clone)for $279, does the anamorphic squeeze like the 27" does, only visable differance is screen size and no component inputs.If your price range is $400, you can step up to the 27" (which is very highly regarded by most in this forum), it runs between $350 and $379 depeding on the model #

3. eugene-w

eugene-w Extra

thanks for your tip! i will definitely check it out at my Sam's club tomorrow.

one concern is that it doesn't have component inputs. i wish to hook my xbox via component cable. any other suggestions?

thanks again!