What's new

I-movie equivalent for Windows? (1 Viewer)

Matt Meyer

Stunt Coordinator
As the title suggests I am looking for video editing software that is as easy as I-movie for the Mac. I have used I-movie at a friends and I like a lot but not enough to spend the money on a Mac itself. Let me know if any of you have some ideas.

Thanks,
Matt

Peter McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
Disclaimer: I've never used I-Movie.

Have you tried Windows Movie Maker 2 (currently in beta) for Windows XP? I've been using it and it's pretty good. It has video effects, transitions, support for analog and digital devices. Basic audio editting (fade in/out, volume control for individual clips). Fairly easy to use. Edit on either a storyboard or timeline.

Peter

Matt Meyer

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have XP yet only 2000 and 98 so no but it sounds like Microsoft is trying to make a equivalent product. I-movie is very easy to use and does quite a bit. The gentlemen at work who does the training videos uses Final Cut Pro (another apple product) and DVD studio pro and the things he does with it are very impressive. Though for the money and considering thats what he does for a living they better be.:)
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks