I missed the DELL rebate(6/4/03)...do they have lots of these frequently??

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Shawn.G, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

I have been looking for a computer and decided to go w/ Dell for the reliability, service, and warranties (these are expensive things). So I was almost ready to buy the Dimension 2350 and the $100 rebate expires (6/4/03), which would have made it 599, not 699. I only want to spend 600. Also, on tv Dell advertises a Dimension for 499 after a 250 rebate. Is this connected to the one expiring tonight or are they not related at all? So can someone tell me if the rebates are frequent and if the 250 rebate I see in tv is completely different than the 100 rebate expiring tonight. I need help, thanks.

The rebate expiring tonight 6/4/03 is on the DEALS page.

2. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

Dell has a lot of rebates. Pay attention to the terms, though, because they change often. Usually, when there is a rebate you still have to pay shipping (which is like $100). Other times they don't offer a rebate, per se, but they do give you free shipping. Don't feel this is a one change thing. . .there will definitely be more rebates in the future.

3. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

Ok, thanks. But are they pretty frequent b/c I don't want to wait 2 months to have a rebate. This past one was a really good deal.
    But the one on tv with the 250 rebate on a Dimension for 499 after rebate sounds good. Anybody know anything about that?

4. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

When I got a laptop from them, I didn't know a coupon or rebate was expired. So I called them and the guy I spoke to was kind enuff to check for any existing rebates. One of my coupons did expire ($100), but he replaced it with a couple more giving me $150 in return. Then he offers me that Dell Preferred Account for another $100 off and six months no interest. All in all a pretty good deal where I saved $250 right there...not to mention the existing $250 rebate. The lesson of the story? Call them. U might get lucky.

5. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

Ok, b/c of our great DEALS page, I found out that the tv deal is different than the rebate that just expired. That's very good...

6. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Every tuesday (or is it wednesday?) Dell changes their specials.

7. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

That's exactly what I was looking for, Mike. Thanks. So this week it expired Wed. so next Wed. there will be more deals then. Thanks everyone.

8. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

9. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

10. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

I love the DEALS page. Does anyone know of a better deal than the Dimension 2350 that's $500 after rebates?? Plus Tiger Direct has the GeForce4 64mb video card for $20 after rebates because that Dell doesn't come with any video cards. Does anyone know if the 2350 has a AGP slot in the mobo??