What's new

I might be asking for too much in a receiver ? (1 Viewer)

KMAN

Auditioning
Real Name
Kelly
I just bought a Samsung 43 4K TV for my bedroom. I was wondering if there is a compact 5.1 HDMI 4K receiver that has a radio. I would like to get rid on my wife's OLD Ken-wood XD-500 its too tall . I want to compact it to a lower profile. If there is a receiver out there that would meet my needs please let me know.
I was looking at the Yamaha RX-V479BL but I know my wife would kill me for that sitting on my dresser next to my cable box and BLURAY player

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Yamaha and Marantz each make slimline receivers (RS-X600/6001 & NR1607/1607 respectively) that would be great for a bedroom. Or are you looking for something *really* small?

KMAN

Auditioning
Real Name
Kelly
I was not looking for a regular size receiver. But I will look at your suggestions, thank you. I would like a smaller size, not as noticeable on my dresser.

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
I was not looking for a regular size receiver. But I will look at your suggestions, thank you. I would like a smaller size, not as noticeable on my dresser.
Get clever and put the AVR out of sight,[1] operated by HDMI-CEC and a mobile app (Android, iOS). Not sure about the RXV-479, but the -775 is supported by the Yamaha AV Controller app that offers a lot of control, including the ability to tailor what inputs (and their names) are displayed. For a bedroom, one of the options I think you'd like that the mobile app offers is ... the Sleep function. ;)

I'm very impressed by the Yamaha app, actually. When the AVR is on a
static IP address, the app connects reliably 99.9% of the time.

View attachment 36086

Do you need a 5.1 receiver in the bedroom, or are your speakers set up for 3.1, 2.1, 2.0? If you don't have a lot of speakers, maybe a soundbar is a better solution. Just an alternative idea.....

[1] E.g. My Ethan Allen night stand is matched by a "library table" (sort of an end table) in the same color and style that I got for cheap. It is an open table with a top, mid, and bottom shelf, the mid shelf and bottom shelf would suffice for a BD player and AVR (plenty of ventilation).

Last edited:

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
I hope you can see my attachment. Tapatalk says I "don't have permission to view this attachment." Err...?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks