What's new

I Met Steven Spielberg This Weekend ! (1 Viewer)

Alex S

Second Unit
Very happy for you, I'm sure that was unexpectedly exciting. I meet a lot of people now and then but never have a camera, and always beat myself upside the head as to why I didn't say that, etc, so I know, but if you'd do all that you said you wanted, it'd turn into a press conference in the parking lot, I mean, even a nice person would get irritated, so maybe you acted better than you think.
Lenny you are probably right too.
I didn't want to be a pest. He was very nice !
My wife actually wanted us to follow him to see what kind of car he got in. But I said no, he was nice enough to let us take a picture of him and talk to him for a few minutes.
I would have loved to get his autograph and a picture of me and my wife by him though. :)
Maybe I'll run into him again, he has a huge house in the Hamptons.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Alex,
Great story and picture! I met Steven when I was at college in spring 1994. Even got to have lunch with him (and twenty other folks)! No picture though! He's a very impressive and personable fellow, and it's one of my highlights (and the only famous person I ever met, but hey, at least it's Spielberg!). Thanks for sharing that pic/moment with us!

Take care,
Chuck

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I've actually met all three founders of Dreamworks SKG (Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen). If you just talk to them minus their handlers, they're generally pretty nice people. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
And you didn't say "Hey Steve, why do we have to pay $70 for the unaltered ET?" Or "Hey Steve, is the terrorist line in the version we're paying $70 for?"
Or just take him hostage until Lucas lets us have unaltered Star Wars and unfixes Greedo in all future renditions of SW? :D

Alex S

Second Unit
Everything happens for a reason! You were destined to meet Spielberg!
Your right Barry.
If I didn't walk out of that store at the exact moment I did I wouldn't have saw him.
Any later and he would turned the corner and been on his way to his car.
Any sooner and we would have been in our car, parked right in front of the store, driving away.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
That is Just TOO COOL for words. And he was nice to Boot. there have been many Occasions that I have bumped into celebrities and they were complete A$$&*)$'s.

Alex S

Second Unit
That is Just TOO COOL for words. And he was nice to Boot. there have been many Occasions that I have bumped into celebrities and they were complete A$$&*)$'s.
I still can't believe I actually met him and have a picture with him.

He's one of the most powerful people in the entertainment field and one of the richest. But he couldn't have been nicer !

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
That is what I like to Hear. Some one as powerful as Steven can be so down to Earth. If it wasn't for the fans he wouldn't be where he is. I just wish more people(CELEBS) thought like that.
My touch with a Celeb was when I worked in retail. Tom Hamilton from Aerosmith was a regular Customer of mine. It got to the point that he would ask for me By name when he called. I tell you Nothing is Cooler.:D

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
What a fantastic experience, Alex. Plus, you've got a memorable keepsake as proof. I've never been lucky enough to bump into a celeb of his caliber, so it's refreshing to hear of stories like your own.

I tell him and my wife is trying to take the picture but this guy he was with is jumping around behind us making faces at the camera.
Wasn't quite sure...was the guy jumping around in the back Kaminski just goofing? Or a total stranger trying to get a piece of the picture?

Alex S

Second Unit
Wasn't quite sure...was the guy jumping around in the back Kaminski just goofing? Or a total stranger trying to get a piece of the picture?
Peter,

It was Kaminski fooling around behind us.
The stuff he was doing was pretty funny.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
That’s very nice. But it sounds awfully like they were on scouting location! You should have asked him for what movie it was! :D
To this day, I have also seen 2 movie celebrities up close. Kristin Scott Thomas and Sydney Pollack, on 2 different occasions near where I live. I saw them on the street and of course didn’t dare to say anything! I think Scott Thomas lives in Paris and it was normal to see her!

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
You should've asked Janusz to shoot the picture!
"...and here's a shot of me and Steven in the Hamptons taken by a two-time Oscar winning DP..." :D

Alex S

Second Unit
Now, funnier to the nth degree! What a pic that would've been if your wife captured Kaminski bobbing up and down in the background.
I know Peter but at the time my wife didn't know he was with Spielberg, she thought he was some nut trying to get in the picture.
My digital camera also takes 15 seconds of video.
My wife isn't camera savy, if I was taking the pictures I would have gotten a lot of pictures and video but then again then I wouldn't be in the picture with Spielberg. :D
I would have loved to video him saying how complicated he thought my camera was. I thought that was so funny coming from him.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
That's really cool.

That you got to meet him, that he was so nice about it, that it was just a cool thing. Upcheck for Steve! And a great memory for you.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Haha, great story, loved the part about Kaminski.

Cool to see how nice Spielberg was to you, I would never approach a celebrity like that, I always figure they don't like it and would tell me to piss off or something (can't really blame them).

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks