What's new

I met a famous racer this week. (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I was at work, where I have a view of the street. On of my co workers, said to me, "Did you see who just walked by?" I needed to go see for myself, so I went into the store next to ours to confirm it. Sure enough it was him; 7 time Formula One world champion Michael Shumacher.

Where I work has a a few DVDs laying around, so I went back to my store and picked up our copy of Formula 1 2004 Season Review, with his picture on the cover, and a Red Sharpie. I went back, and asked him if he would autograph it, which he was more than happy to do. He was very nice, and I talked to him for a few minutes. I thanked him very much for taking the time, and then let him get back to his shopping. As a longtime F1 fan, this was quite an experience for me!

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
He was probably grateful you didn't ask why Ferrari was sucking so bad this year. :D

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Good for you Jeremy! Where are you? Montreal?

I've heard that MS likes to vacation in the US as he is not often recognized here.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I didnt bring up the fact that Im a BMW fan. :D Although its looking like BMW may find a new home next year. Rumor is theyre going to buy up the Sauber team and become a full manufacturer team, and they'll take Nick Hiedfeld with them. Fine with me.

In all honesty, HE is the one F1 driver I would most want to meet. The guy is a living legend. I live in Montana, and Mike comes here every year befoe the North American GPs. Partially because he likes it, and partially because "Camp Marolboro" is nearby. Mike usually is seen tearing around on a Harley Davidison.

CharlesD

Screenwriter

You meet the guy once and now its "Mike" :laugh:

Don't mind me I'm just jealous (and I'm not the fanboy type but, shit, its Michael Freaking Schumacher) :)

I've heard many other stories about him being spotted in various places in the western US on his Harley. One story is of him being in Texas with some other riders and winding up at the NASCAR track where they were giving rides to the public in a NASCAR type race car. MS lined up for over an hour and apparently no-one recognized him. He had to leave before getting his ride as they had a schedule to keep. I heard this on line, but apparetnly MS confirmed it later in an interview.

BTW what is "Camp Marolboro" ?

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

Its their private retreat, used for VIP gatherings, etc. I big ranch, tons of land. Basically a private getaway estate.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Way cool, Jeremy! As a long time Ferrari fan, I am really jealous. If it was me, I wouldn't have been able to help myself:

"So, Michael, or...can I call you Mike?...So, Mike, is it the Bridgestones or has Ferrari really fallen off the pace this year?" :laugh:

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread