What's new

I may need a new TV. Help me decide! (1 Viewer)

I have had a 55" Mits 16X9 set since 2000 and now it has burn in and the chances of the guns getting replaced seem slimmer and slimmer so I may be in the market soon to get a new set within the $2,000 - $2,500 range between 50" and 55". My question is which do I get? What's the best brand?
I want to take all things into account (picture quality, cool features, customer service, etc.). Please help!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

There is no single "best brand." Each has strengths and weaknesses, many of which can be corrected via a professional-level calibration.

Otherwise, what has your own research revealed so far? Are there any models that strike your fancy? Once you've narrowed your own search, we can help with the specifics as there are owners of many, many popular sets here at HTF.

I know there's no "best brand." Perhaps I should have said "preferred brand." I know some people are partial to Mitsubishi and Toshiba. Since I've already had a Mits I kind of want to try something different. I just started browsing online for TV's and this caught my eye: Sony KP-46WT500. The new type of CRT's are what made me curious. Any opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks