What's new

I may have a problem... (1 Viewer)

MicahelJDT

Auditioning
I'm new here, so I'll start off by saying hi to you all...

I'm hoping someone can shed a little light on some problems I've been experiencing with my TV. I just bought a 47" Panasonic Widescreen HDTV (PT47WX49 - I think). My problem is with static or picture noise. When I'm watching a DVD on my Panasonic DVD-RP56 I notice some black dots... Mostly when there is a large solid color being displayed on screen (like a grey sky, or a sandy beach). I don't know if it's an inadequacy with one of my components, the DVD, or if the settings are adjusted poorly. I notice it on pretty much, all DVD's from Gladiator to Star Wars. These dots are no more than a pixel width big, but there are a lot of them, and it's annoying. I'm sitting about 6'-8' away from the screen.

My next question is about halo's. When I adjust the volume and see the green slider or when I'm watching a scene with a bright moon in a dark sky, I get this halo effect. The halo is a small 3" band of color similar to that of the light source. My brightness is set pretty low, and I've used Avia DVD to set all my other settings (pretty well I think). Any ideas what's causeing this? Possible solutions?

If you need any more information about my HTS, just ask... My brother, who is also into HT, told me that there were a lot of people here who are in the know about this kind of stuff, so if I can't get an answer here, I'll probably just accept these problems as product inadequacy.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
The "halo" effect is something all RPTV's suffer from. At the moment, there is no solution for it.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks