What's new

I made up my mind on which amp (Rotel) (1 Viewer)

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Isn't the front (large) heatsink on the 1075 for cosmetics only.
I believe all O/P devices are on the smaller hidden heatsinks.
This is not a problem. I have mine in a semi enclosed rack and it only gets warm (never hot) even when running hard for hours.
Steve aka Energeezer over @ Club Rotel

RichardHOS

Second Unit
I know that the front heatsinks on my 991's are cosmetic only. It was my understanding that this was also the case with the 993 and 10xx series.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
They well be cosmetic for the most part but any increased surface area on the amp should help dissipate heat from the chasis...though as steve mentioned these amps don't get that hot in the first place so its not really an issue.

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew
This may just be my imagination but I think my amp actually sounds better now that I have it in a rack and it gets warm to the touch. Seems to me there are more dynamics than when I had it in the open and it was always real cool. Never done any A/B however so I'm not sure.
One thing is for sure. The warmup time is less and the amp stil ONLY gets warm.

Skyler

Stunt Coordinator

They are a good sounding speaker, and a great value. They are super versatile mount-wise as well. If I had a smaller room with more mounting options, I might have some SNT's. For now, these are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks