What's new

I made another movie preview! (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I made a new movie preview!

Last year I was taking a walk in the woods with my daughter. Deep in the woods, we found a cleared-out area, and we saw something that we could not explain. Thank goodness I had my video camera, because when we went back later, it was gone.

I took the footage and mixed in some sound effects from Freesound. Let me know what you think!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think this would have been funny if you had used the "Also Sprach Zarathustra" music from 2001: A Space Odyssey. However, that might have been too obvious. The scene near the end sort of, very loosely, reminded me of the Monolith scene at the beginning of ASO.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I think it was fantastic. Man, it's remarkable to see what the average "Bob" can do with the technology that's available today.

O.K., so the lightling wasn't the greatest, the framing was a bit "off, and the picture a little bumpy. But Jillian is absolutely adorable. I also thought the music was just the right amount of "creepy"! Can't wait for the theatrical release. I'd rather pay $10 to see that then most of the schlock that's being put out there today (but I won't .

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Thanks for all the kind words! My brother said the part at the end reminded him of the Monolith scene as well. It wasn't an intentional homage but you never know how your subconscious mind works when you're editing these things together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks