What's new

I luv my new VERTICAL LIMIT SB!!! (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Just got done viewing this title and compared it to the original release.... wow!!!! I didn't expect to be impressed but i was. If there is any one thing i can say is immediately noticable is the amount of detail- in everything!

I have a modest setup with a 46" projection set and immediately noticed the difference. I'm not saying the original release was soft, it's just that the SB release has much more noticable detail. I also noticed an improvement in skin tone, color accuracy and black level.

Which lead me to another thing...as stated in Bjoern's review Columbia/Tristar has a habit of filtering out fine detail in order to minimize artifacts. This process to me is really unnerving. As much as i loved the Superbit picture i can't say it's any better than i've seen from some of the Warner and Fox titles. I feel that Columbia is really "holding back" on us for the ultimate picture quality we can have in order to have a lower bit rate.

I must also comment on the sound quality. I always thought the DD was one of the better surround tracks i've heard but i must give the advantage to the DTS! I heard greater detail in nearly all aspects of the soundtrack. I great soundtrack made even greater!

In close I am impressed with the efforts by CTS but i must say that Columbia needs to change their policy as far as regular transfers and mimimize the filtration and drop the prices on these SB's! No way is it worth the premium price!

David

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
That makes me drool, just a little. I have the original version which I thought had great sound and very good picture quality. As well, I liked this movie a lot but if someone were to give me this new SB version for free....

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I was waiting on an unsolicited review of the SB version. I was am completely satisfied with the first issue as well. I guess I will pick it up on a slow DVD release week.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Bjoern has Screenshots on his website showing the differences. If Only I had his website handy I'd post it.

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Happy to hear you like it, David.

The HD version makes the SB look like you forgot to put your glasses on, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks