What's new

I love Scarlett Johansson, but... (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
do you think that she's over-exposing herself by being in so many films? She seems to be in everything these days and she has even more movies in the works.

I'd just hate to see her get burned out, that's all, she seems to love acting so I hope that won't happen.

Josh.C

Second Unit
John,

I don't know if I could ever get tired of looking at Scarlett Johansson, she is pretty easy on the eyes. She is also probably one of the most natural beauties in Hollywood IMO, nothing fake on her, but she's all woman.

The best thing is that she can actually act! Seeing an Actor or Actress appear in a lot of films doesn't bother me as much as letting them get type cast. As long as the roles are diverse, I have no problem with it. Too many times we see star's that only do romantic comedies, horror, etc...

JC

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
While I enjoyed her work in Lost in Translation, I never thought much of her until Match Point. Yowza! :eek:.

Still, John may have a point, if everything goes as scheduled, there is definitely a risk of over-exposure. Unreleased/planned stuff from imdb:

Amazon (2007) (announced)
Napoleon and Betsy (2007) (announced) (attached)
The Other Boleyn Girl (2007) (pre-production)
Brilliant (2007) (pre-production)
The Nanny Diaries (2007) (post-production) .... Nan
The Prestige (2006) (post-production) .... Olivia
The Black Dahlia (2006) (completed) .... Kay Lake

I've never seen a busier schedule. 7 theatrical releases in 1.33 year is a lot. Maybe not, if she gets the mainstream/indy ratio right.

--
H

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Charlize Theron's early 2000s stretch was much worse. It isn't just that Johansson's roles are more diverse, she also mixes in mainstream and smaller films, something Theron rarely did in her stretch. The vast majority of people haven't seen A Love Song For Bobby Long, Match Point, or Scoop, all worthwhile movies in my book. Come to think of it, most people haven't seen The Island either. ;)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
To me she has that look of Hollywood throwback style. In a good way. Very unique look and at the same time, looks innocent and pure-but hotter than heck. Very captivating look about her. All of her. :)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely. I was looking at the poster for The Black Dahlia, and Scarlett looks (a) absolutely stunning, and (b) absolutely perfect for the time period. (By contrast, Josh Harnett ust looks wrong in so many ways.)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, she won't be in some of them; anything that's just "announced" is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Still, I think it's nice to see a star-level actor willing make a new movie every two or three months. If it's diverse roles that won't necessarily appeal to the same audiences, then the only way people would get sick of her is if they judge it on ho often someone shows up on Entertainment Tonight. And, besides, I look at what actors did under the studio system and still do in other countries and I think that a lot of actors, directors, etc., could probably double their output if there weren't so much bloat here (throw Tadanobu Asano's name, for instance, into the IMDB).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yep, she sure was, and she had something like two whole lines in the entire movie lol.

It wasn't until Eight Legged Freaks that I first took notice of her, it was those lips. :)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Ghost World was when I first noticed her as an actress but it wasn't until Eight Legged Freaks when another part of my body really started noticing her :)

Schwing!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Definitely. It works well for understated roles like LiT, but the Scoop trailer is painful because she can't pull off the lighter Woody Allen dialog with any flair.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
her voice is due to tonsillectomy (tongue in your throad portion removed or somn). google it. that's why casting dir. are always asking if she's got a sore throat.

she has a very classic beauty look. i'd really to love see a well written 30's/40's screwball comedy with her in it. she looks like she stepped out of one of those casablancas, gone w/winds, it happened 1 night. dont you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks