I LOVE My Mitsubishi CRT-RPTV; Get'em While You Still Can

Discussion in 'Displays' started by James Edward, Aug 31, 2005.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

I recently replaced my 3year old Tosh 57HX81 with a Mitsubishi WS-65815. The 9" CRT's produce a fabulous picture that you can just about walk into.

Anyone looking for fabulous picture quality, where you can somewhat control your lighting should look at one of these sets.

I lament the fact that they are virtually gone from the marketplace; mine was a special order but well worth the effort. I predict that much like the turntable, they will become basically a high-end item, but will never completely go away.

[​IMG]

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

They last a long time, too. I had my old 50" NTSC Mitsubishi for over 8 years with not a single problem. If the green gun hadn't started leaking I'd still be using it.

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Enjoy, definetly the breed of t.v. that produces the best film like picture and HD is quite beautiful on CRT-RPTV. If it has HDMI then your set.

4. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

It does. So bring on the HD-DVD...

5. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I was thinking of getting a CRT HDTV but its hard not to get a DLP HDTV. The DLP is sharper, the black levels now are just as good and the viewing angle is alot better than CRT. With DLP and LCD improving every year CRT's will most likely become a thing of the past. Even companies like Faroudja are not even showing demos of CRT's anymore at CES. CRT projection was king of the mountain for many years but things are changing. You are right though CRT's do last along time unlike there newer counterparts.

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I wouldn't say that DLP has matched the black levels possible with good CRTs yet, but of all the newer technologies DLP is the most promising. And it does produce the best blacks of the non-CRT technologies.