What's new

I Love Lucy The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
At these ridiculous prices, it's gonna take a lot to get me to upgrade. If they can somehow get the whole series around $200, I might be interested.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I hope one of the members does buy Lucy and reports back. I would really like to push that button to order.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mark Collins said:
I hope one of the members does buy Lucy and reports back. I would really like to push that button to order.
Yes, I'm working on Lucy as we speak. (Also have Andy and The Honeymooners). These packages are crammed with content, but I have other items to review with more timely due dates than these. I'll put the review of each one up as I finish it. (Right now I'm on disc four in the Lucy set.)

I'll be glad to answer any specific questions you might have now if you don't want to wait for the review.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Gosh thanks Matt! I guess my first question was the pilot. Does it look a great deal better? I am just a huge I Love Lucy fan and it is so hard not to order. Just like people in another thread stated. You buy these shows and then all of a sudden the price takes a drop. You really are not angry because you have been watching them up to the time of the price drop. Well it is just hard to explain.

The Lucy pilot was my main question.

Please no rush though. I will look forward to your review as I do all of them.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Matt Hough said:
Yes, I'm working on Lucy as we speak. (Also have Andy and The Honeymooners). These packages are crammed with content, but I have other items to review with more timely due dates than these. I'll put the review of each one up as I finish it. (Right now I'm on disc four in the Lucy set.)

I'll be glad to answer any specific questions you might have now if you don't want to wait for the review.
My question is rather basic, but I am curious if the episodes look like film? I had a fantasy as a kid that I owned all the episodes on 16mm. If they really look like film, I will buy the set; if they are scrubbed of grain and look like video I will be less likely to unless the price really comes down. CBS did (and is doing) a great job with Star Trek, but then you have to consider the execrable My Fair Lady...

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If you've seen the DVD's, I imagine those same transfers are what they're working from for this and hopefully future Blu-Ray releases since their remastering work from a decade ago was future proofed with HD in mind.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The pilot is offered in both film and kinescope format. The film version looks amazingly good.

As for the looks of the episodes (film versus video), that's more difficult to answer. They vary from show to show. Some/most look like film but others look a little more processed like video. Sometimes just individual shots within episodes look a little more digital than the scenes that surround them. Every episode is offered in the familiar televised versions we see today and the original broadcast versions complete with the animated bumpers and commercials. The episodes from season one used for reruns in season two during Lucy's maternity leave with new filmed prologues are also present for those episodes in complete form thus making THREE complete versions of certain episodes in the first season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks