1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DVD Review I Love Lucy Superstar Special #2 DVD Review

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matt Hough, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Matt Hough

I Love Lucy Superstar Special #2 DVD Review

[​IMG]

In the spring of 2016, CBS once again presented two newly colorized episodes of its legendary sitcom I Love Lucy under the banner Superstar Special #2. These colorized episodes of one of the all-time great comedy series have always been ratings winners for the network, and this latest edition was no exception.

[review]
    Read more.

2. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    As with the previous releases in this series, I would be 100% interested if these were released on Blu-ray, but have no interest in standard-def DVD purchases of this programming.

PMF likes this.
  3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I am sincerely hoping that once they get what they consider enough colorized episodes, CBS will issue a Blu-ray of them in a set.

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  4. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    That'd be awesome. I'd love to be able to buy them all in one place, along with the colorized version of the Christmas episode. The B&W releases are my go-to, and I'm content with the complete DVD series (and would have bought a complete BD series if such a product had ever been made), but for the sake of variety I'd be in favor of owning a nice HD copy of these colorized versions. They've been fun to watch whenever CBS has aired them.

5. MaxVolume

MaxVolume Auditioning

Mike
    Was there any bonus disc released for this? I thought I read somewhere that TARGET would have an exclusive disc with the "Lucy Does A TV Commercial" episode, but according to their mobile app, #2 isn't being sold in stores and there's no mention of a bonus disc. Anyone know?