I Love Lucy, Season Two???

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Richie C., May 8, 2004.

1. Richie C.

Richie C. Stunt Coordinator

Anybody have any word about when this is ever going to be released? I recall seeing cover art on tvshowsondvd.com a while back, but have never heard anything since then. Wasn't it supposed to come out this month??

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    It was supposed to come out this Tuesday, but TVShows says the date has been moved and that's all they know.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Delayed, no idea why. No idea when to, either. It's frustrating, because I want this season badly.

4. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

I agree.

Ugh!!!!!!!!!

Paramount I think sometime goes purposely out of their way to annoy us. lol.

Giving specs then taking them away. Godfather. Giving release dates then taking them away. Lucy. Playing games with their fanbases for most of their major franchises. One day it's this. Next day it's that. Wait, wrong, back to this again.

Paramount I think just needs to make up their minds and stop playing these games. It's just enough now. You would think the company was run by a bunch of old people at an old age home with head injuries and memory loss.

Ugh!!!!!!!!

Well, life could be worse. Imagine if Paramount was the only studio that owned movies or tv. People would get quite fed up paying $2000 per box set after awhile I would imagine. [​IMG]

5. ChadP2k

ChadP2k Stunt Coordinator

Well part of it is Paramount also sells I Love Lucy through Columbia House's DVD Club at about $24.00 a disc after shipping so they want to milk that as long as possible before putting them in commercial stores at the cheaper prices. The store versions are essentially the exact same thing as the Columbia House ones. I was in the CH club but I got out of it to save $$. I already have all of Season 2 from them however, and just sent the first volume of Season 3 back so they're still working on discs.