What's new

I Love Lucy: Possible Paramount DVD release soon? (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Did "I Love Lucy" have alternate end credits as well? The versions on Nick At Nite have the animated openings, but the familiar "heart" closings.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Ever is a long time -- I think we will see them someday, but not with this release.
I was thinking more along the lines of are the Studios permitted to put cigarette advertisements (historical or otherwise) on home video? Some of the anti-smoking advertising laws are pretty strict nowadays.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
According to this update at Lucyfan.com...
Link Removed
It is the inclusion of interesting facts, outtakes and bloopers that make these DVDs so much fun for Lucy fans -- and valuable for historians! Bravo Gregg -- and thank you for all the hard work you put into these discs!

Kelly V

Stunt Coordinator
For all of you industry readers, this is a note from my mother...thank you for I Love Lucy on DVD! Now she'll finally buy a player. Please continue to release old (and recent) TV shows on DVD by season. We want to see them in order, it's not just important for the "X-files" and STNG. Keep 'em comin' and we'll keep tightening our belts to buy them.
I know it's just TV, but God bless America - that's what we do best!!;)

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, now I'm really confused. So as of almost two months ago, everything seemed to imply we weren't getting the remastered images. But yet, some one posted not two weeks ago a news article that specifically said that these new Paramount Discs WOULD in fact have the remastered versions. Now, we're back to "we're not."
I wish we could get a final consensus already! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks