What's new

I LOVE LUCY 7th, 8th, and 9th season (1 Viewer)

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Thanks guys for the info, I just ordered this online for about $10.40 with free shipping through Deep Discount DVD and wanted to thank you for sharing the information with everyone. I am sure I am going to LOVE this set!! I guess this also contains some of the same bonuses as I Love Lucy Season 7-9 Comedy Hour set because the Helicopter ride was also included with that set as well, but I am looking foward to all of the bonuses that will be included.

This is a real treat to have and I hope they continue to bring us more Lucy DVD's with bonuses and everything else and I can't wait for "The Lucy Show" to come out by seasons and I am sure it will be soon because Lucy is too popular just to forget about it. I can't wait!!! Brandy

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
HEY ALSO IF ANYONE CAN POST ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW DVD SET ENTITLED "LUCY AND FRIENDS" I WOULD SO APPRECIATE IT... I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS NEW OR NOT BUT FROM WHAT I HAVE READ IT IS NEW AND I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT SHOWS ARE INCLUDED WITH THIS SET AND WHAT IT IS ABOUT BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND ANY INFORMATION ON IT BUT IT IS AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE ONLINE BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE NO REVIEWS ABOUT IT. THANKS!! :)

YELLOW11

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Does anybody have an update on whether they're planning on releasing a replacement disc or not?

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I'm beyond upset -- this is so unfair. They need to offer a disc of the extras to all the people who loyally supported the season sets as they were released.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'm not just upset about the exclusive extras, but also that the first season is restored like all the subsequent seasons. It looks good enough but certainly not as good as the rest of the episodes. I'll see if I can sell them; maybe just give them away, and pick up the Complete Series on the DeepDiscount 20% off sale.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
This is very upsetting. The same thing happened with the Brady Bunch, the complete set came out with disc of extra's and that special material has still not been made available. I think is should be made available at no charge for people who bought the individual sets. It is really not fair. This casts a whole new light on buying these sets, whether to wait or not (at least with the popular TV shows). I will be easy on Paramount with regards to the Odd Couple when they released season one and added an extra disc because they took over from Time Life (but I was still upset). I recently stopped buying Bewitched (a favorite show that I want to own the complete series) at season 4 because I hear value material has been filmed and it may be put on a complete series set.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Since that set just came out and there is no mention of it then its highly unlikely.

This does show utter contempt for customers by Paramount. You can't blame them for the remastering of Season 1 that happens all the time but to annouce the I love Lucy Movie for the last set, then remove it and add it to the complete series set just smells of milking the customer and forcing them to buy the sets again. The extra disc should be released on its own for those who already purchased the seasons.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, this is a load of BULL. I bought all the 9 individual Seaon One discs originally, then I sold them so I could get the more practical "Season One Set". Now I have all the season sets and have supported these releases and I'm getting screwed by being left out of these exclusive extras unless I buy the whole thing all over again as one complete package??! Screw that. I won't be purchasing this "complete series set", you can bet your life on that.

This is really a bad trend... the diehards jump in first and buy an entire run of a series, and then those who sat around doing nothing benefit in the end when the entire run of the show is put out in one unit.

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator
All right, that's the last straw! I'm sick and tired of garbage like this. Let's all call Paramount's consumer line and complain. If enough of us complain we could see another DVD release with the movie and extra bonus features. I doubt we'll be able to get another season 1 re-release. But I will not repurchase the complete set when I already have it. That's sick! If we let Paramount get away with it other studios will continue to do things like this too.

Here's the Paramount consumer line we got when we requested Season 4 replacement discs: 323-956-3010.

We can't let Paramount do this to loyal fans who have already purchased all 9 seasons! If anyone gets any word on what Paramount plans to do, post it here!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I'm composing a letter to Paramount. I took bits and pieces from everybody's posts. Here is the rough draft. It needs some tweaking but its a start. Feel free to add your suggestions to make it better.

Also, anybody have an address. Maybe if enough people sent them this letter, they will get the message and send us the disc.

Dear Paramount,

I just heard the news that the The I Love Lucy Complete Series dvd set will contain a bonus disc of special features that were not included with the individual season sets.

This is very upsetting. I bought all the I Love Lucy season sets and have supported these releases and I'm getting shortchanged by being left out of these exclusive extras unless I buy the whole thing all over again as one complete package! I will not repurchase the complete set when I already have it. I think it should be made available to people who loyally supported the season sets as they were released. It is really not fair.

The diehard fans jump in first and buy an entire run of the series, and then those who sat around doing nothing benefit in the end when the entire run of the show is put out in one unit.

This act shows utter contempt for customers by Paramount. To add the I Love Lucy Movie to the complete series set just smells of milking the customer and forcing them to buy the sets again.

Please make the extra disc available on its own for those who already purchased the seasons.

Sincerely,

(Your name)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
The irony, as usual, of course is that, had we waited and NOT bought the individual seasons, Paramount wouldn't have completed the series or put out this "complete box" with exclusive extras. Bleh.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
To Ron Lee Green: That's very good! I think you can send it as it is.

To Will Krupp: What you said is so true. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't: As you said, and it's worth repeating, if people decide to wait to buy a complete series, expecting it to contain material not included with Season Sets, a release won't even make it past Season One, due to low sales! Talk about a Catch-22!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
One solution would be to release a bonus disc day and date with the complete boxed set.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It really is most unusual for a remastered season to be included in a complete box set. In every other case I can think of complete series sets include the same transfers as the individual season sets plus a bonus disk or two. Of course what I would really wish they had done was correct the hour shows to be uncut with their original openings, In fact I would like all the I Love Lucy shows to have the option of having the original opening credits start the show instead of including them as an extra. They did this on the sixth season set and it was great. No one is ever satisfied.
The only new extra I have no interest in is the colorized episode. I would be surprised if this was done for this set but I don't remember it ever showing on TV. The Christmas show was colorized and shown on CBS, That show was mostly clips from previous shows. The clips were not colorized . Maybe the Scotland show was colorized as a test to see if it paid to colorize all of I Love Lucy . Hopefully if this is true , it was decided not to colorize it.

YELLOW11

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Hello, I bought Season Four a while ago when it came out. I want to get the replacement disc for the extra material but, I can't find the box and therefore can't get the proof of purchase tab. If someone could post the dialouge from the material missing or maybe even a video clip I would really appreciate this!

Thanks

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here is a clip from the CBS Fall 1963-64 preview which includes The Lucy Show characters Lucy and Viv introducing Monday night schedule. Not exactly I Love Lucy but ... Also includes Jack Benny talking about Tuesday and the Beverly Hillbillies with Wednesday. Good stuff.

The clip has been removed from Youtube. Too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks