I love Krispy Kreme donuts!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think Krispy Kreme donuts, especially when they are just out of the oven, honey glazed, they just melt in your mouth. It's taken years of will power not to veer into a Krispy Kreme store when it's flashing the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign.

Mmmmm...donuts!

2. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I hear ya! A hot glazed just off the rack is like heaven to my taste buds. [​IMG]
    If they opened a location downtown they'd make a mint.

3. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Scott Saslow
    I just started eating Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. Here at FSU, at the Trading Post (mini-market/convenience store), they keep them in a case. I love them. I just wish they made them on the weekends. I go through withdrawal. [​IMG]

4. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Here we go again! There was a discussion about them a month or so ago. Yes, they are habit forming. They also have a new gizmo they're going to introduce to keep the doughnuts warm in non Krisby Kreme retail outlets.

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I had some this weekend for the first time, hot off the conveyer belt thing.. tasted like any other donut to me.. too much glaze though..

6. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

At UCLA there's a KK outlet in the student eatery. But often times they aren't warm. Hopefully that new heating doohickey will make its way here!

7. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I find the glazed donuts taste better after having been in the refrigerator for several hours.

~T

8. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

those things are worse than heroin. i'm not a big fan of their "regular" donuts, but those glazed ones (hot off the conveyor) are to die for! [​IMG]
    btw - my aunt figures she can get her daily fix by simply standing in the line. as most of you probably know, they always hand out a free one when you stand in line. [​IMG]

9. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

You know what else I'm addicted to? Those mini-donuts that they sell at Venice Beach. They're like 1" in diameter and covered w/ cinnamon and sugar. They sell in bags of 9, 12 and 20. I was like, why not sell in bags of 6 or 3. And then I started eating the damned things, they don't need to sell them in bags of LESS than a dozen, because I can't stop myself once I start...

10. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Sour Cream Glazed. Yummmmmmm[​IMG]
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

11. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

The Krispy Kreme in Palo Alto has a 24 hr drive through... I can't express how dangerous that is... to roll up slowly, order 10 honey glazed, blueberry, roll away from the window furtively, dig into the bag and just engorge oneself with donuts...

Every Friday we have Krispy Kremes in the Office, fresh off the conveyor belt. There is also one in south SF that I pass from time to time.

They should crumble TUMS over their donuts, or pour thickened Pepto Bismol instead of sugar glaze.

Joseph

12. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson Stunt Coordinator

Chad Erickson
    Krispy Kremes opened thier first store in Minnesota yesterday. It was being covered by every media outlet in town. They thought that there was about 200-300 people in line and 60 cars lined up at the drive thru at 5:30 AM. They employed 5 off duty cops to keep the peace.

I haven't had one in about 2 years, but my wife is stopping up today to pick some up. I can't wait.

13. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

We will be getting three in our are soon. Good thing, getting tired of the 6 hour round trip drives just to get donuts up in Washington.

14. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    We have a few of them in Long Beach, the one which is seriously next door to TLB Police Department is so damn busy. They also hand out freebies, the chocolate-whipped cream filled! OMG...Not good drinking food though.

15. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

They recently opened Ontario's (if not Canada's) first KK here in Mississauga. On weekends, they still need to get cops out to direct traffic, so many people are trying to go through the drive-through. I don't know if they still have the tents set up outside the door to handle the queue overflow, but they did last time I was out that way.

16. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    I owe about 25 lbs to Krispy Kreme - so you know I love em' !!! [​IMG]

17. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

Never had them... looks I never should. [​IMG] At least I'd have to drive 1.5 hours to find them where I'm at now.
    Now if they opened one up in Saint Peter, every donut store here has shrived up and died. Would it happen to them too?? [​IMG]
    Brian

18. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

19. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    {homer voice} mmmmmm....Krispy Kreme.....aaarhrhrhrhaahah >drool

20. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

How does Krispy Kreme compare to the venerable Tim Horton's?
    The logo itself makes me yearn for doughnuts and coffee.
    [​IMG]
    See? [​IMG]
    -JNS