What's new

I love Krispy Kreme donuts! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Krispy Kreme donuts, especially when they are just out of the oven, honey glazed, they just melt in your mouth. It's taken years of will power not to veer into a Krispy Kreme store when it's flashing the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign.

Mmmmm...donuts!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I hear ya! A hot glazed just off the rack is like heaven to my taste buds.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

If they opened a location downtown they'd make a mint.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I just started eating Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. Here at FSU, at the Trading Post (mini-market/convenience store), they keep them in a case. I love them. I just wish they made them on the weekends. I go through withdrawal. :)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Here we go again! There was a discussion about them a month or so ago. Yes, they are habit forming. They also have a new gizmo they're going to introduce to keep the doughnuts warm in non Krisby Kreme retail outlets.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I had some this weekend for the first time, hot off the conveyer belt thing.. tasted like any other donut to me.. too much glaze though..

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
At UCLA there's a KK outlet in the student eatery. But often times they aren't warm. Hopefully that new heating doohickey will make its way here!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I find the glazed donuts taste better after having been in the refrigerator for several hours.

~T

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
those things are worse than heroin. i'm not a big fan of their "regular" donuts, but those glazed ones (hot off the conveyor) are to die for! :emoji_thumbsup:
btw - my aunt figures she can get her daily fix by simply standing in the line. as most of you probably know, they always hand out a free one when you stand in line. :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You know what else I'm addicted to? Those mini-donuts that they sell at Venice Beach. They're like 1" in diameter and covered w/ cinnamon and sugar. They sell in bags of 9, 12 and 20. I was like, why not sell in bags of 6 or 3. And then I started eating the damned things, they don't need to sell them in bags of LESS than a dozen, because I can't stop myself once I start...

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
The Krispy Kreme in Palo Alto has a 24 hr drive through... I can't express how dangerous that is... to roll up slowly, order 10 honey glazed, blueberry, roll away from the window furtively, dig into the bag and just engorge oneself with donuts...

Every Friday we have Krispy Kremes in the Office, fresh off the conveyor belt. There is also one in south SF that I pass from time to time.

They should crumble TUMS over their donuts, or pour thickened Pepto Bismol instead of sugar glaze.

Joseph

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
Krispy Kremes opened thier first store in Minnesota yesterday. It was being covered by every media outlet in town. They thought that there was about 200-300 people in line and 60 cars lined up at the drive thru at 5:30 AM. They employed 5 off duty cops to keep the peace.

I haven't had one in about 2 years, but my wife is stopping up today to pick some up. I can't wait.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
We will be getting three in our are soon. Good thing, getting tired of the 6 hour round trip drives just to get donuts up in Washington.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
We have a few of them in Long Beach, the one which is seriously next door to TLB Police Department is so damn busy. They also hand out freebies, the chocolate-whipped cream filled! OMG...Not good drinking food though.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
They recently opened Ontario's (if not Canada's) first KK here in Mississauga. On weekends, they still need to get cops out to direct traffic, so many people are trying to go through the drive-through. I don't know if they still have the tents set up outside the door to handle the queue overflow, but they did last time I was out that way.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Never had them... looks I never should. :) At least I'd have to drive 1.5 hours to find them where I'm at now.
Now if they opened one up in Saint Peter, every donut store here has shrived up and died. Would it happen to them too?? :)
Brian

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
too much glaze though..
Isn't that the POINT? :D
My area had no Krispy Kreme until about two months ago... a new store opened about five miles from my home. The drive-thru line wrapped around the building for weeks! After finding one of the elusive parking spaces, I went inside and stood in awe as I watched the magical donut conveyor belt whisk those hunks of raw dough through the oven and then the cascade of glaze... This is something like a real-life Willy Wonka factory.

Seriously, though... I don't really care for cold, boxed up Krispy Kreme donuts of any kind. I'll hardly ever have one of their "other" donuts, but a FRESH glazed... Wow. Whoever said it's like heroin isn't too far off.

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
How does Krispy Kreme compare to the venerable Tim Horton's?
The logo itself makes me yearn for doughnuts and coffee.
1.gif

See?

-JNS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks