What's new

i love him (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Hey. I just want to say, in public, on Father's Day, that I love my dad.

Sure he's a certain brand of nuts, and is sometimes difficult to take on an extended basis (my mom is an angel, but even she has to get out of the house and go to work a couple days a week to have some alone-time). Sure he beat the crap out of me when I was younger and did stupid stuff (which, sure as shootin, taught me not to do stupid stuff). Sure, he often resembles a bull in a china shop.

But, if I could be like anyone else in the world, I wouldn't be like Spiderman or like Donald Trump, I wouldn't be like the president or be like the mayor... I'd want to be like my father.

He's my superhero. For teaching me right from wrong, for showing me how to live my life the best way possible, and for paving the way for me and keeping me on the straight and narrow path to success, he's my superhero.

Happy Father's Day. (And uh... Sorry I forgot your birthday yesterday. :D )

MC

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Micah, why is it considered unmanly to start a thread paying tribute to your dad, your hero? My dad, though he has been gone for nearly 23 years now, is STILL a giant in my life, and still someone I strive to make proud.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I dunno. I was just sort of judging by the response. I mean, Hemingway wouldn't "start a forum thread about his dad." He'd go out and beat some guy up the way his dad showed him how. Heck, my dad wouldn't start a forum thread. So, after I started a thread about my dad, I was feeling sort of geeky and not so manly.

:rolleyes

MC

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
Hey Micah, I love your dad too! He's great! I wish he'd clunked our heads together like Moe, twenty-five years ago!

Ah, he's a mad genius!

My father's crazy too. But then he grew up with Nazis shooting at him.

Daddy!

Oepidus Rex? Oedipus WRONG!

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Hmmm. Manly...

Gregory Peck in GUNS OF NAVARONE. Robert Mitchum (or, Greg Peck again) in CAPE FEAR. Bogart in... PETRIFIED FOREST, etc. Harrison Ford shooting first as Han Solo (but only there; after that he's not so manly). Errol Flynn as Robin Hood, even in tights. Paul Newman in COOL HAND LUKE. Cary Grant in whatever, Clint Eastwood in whatever (except that one where he sings), early MAD MAX-era Mel Gibson, I think, and a whole bunch more examples.

Or, I dunno, my dad, blundering around like a bull in a china shop and getting shit done no matter what, building his empire. None of this phony movie manliness -- he's a real man! Altho, you know, lately in his old age he's begun being more emotional, actually crying at weddings and stuff. That's not so manly. I'll have to kick his ass next time he does that.

MANLY!

"That'll be the day."

MC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks