What's new

I love batchelor parties! (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
No offence either, Kevin, but could that possibly be caused by some people resembling neurotically frustrated pubers i.s.o. stable grown-ups?
------------------
images_cees2.jpg

MikeM

Screenwriter
A thread about batchelor parties with refernces to s-e-x? Oh no, stop the insanity!!!!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Pat....
Where are the pictures?? I can't believe that PatMan(PhotoMan), doesn't have some pic's to go along with a thread he started!!
Hmmmm...I'm not exactly sure why Vince felt the need to post under this thread. It's in the right area for it, and Gilbert's comments were on topic....my 2 cents.
Regards,
Stacey
------------------
inspector.gif

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Jason, apparently Im not alone as far as my opinion goes.But myself and others just feel Vince needs to loosen up some.No matter what Gilbert or anybody says,fictional or not,he tends to be to sensitive to these topics. After all, most guys believe it or not talk this way when the women arent around
blush.gif
.I dont have a problem with Vince but unless the comments are in the wrong forum I dont see why we cant talk some smack
wink.gif
.Whatever you do Vince dont watch the Man Show, you'll really go nuts over that one!
biggrin.gif

P.S.Go Gil!
cool.gif
icon14.gif

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Luis,
After all, most guys believe it or not talk this way when the women arent around..
That's exactly the problem! Women are around here. The HTF isn't a male bachelor's party. Some people better go and wash their mouths :).
Cees

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Cees, maybe not, but I doubt many women are gonna chime in on a topic about a bachelor party
rolleyes.gif
.This forums female members post rarely as it is. :)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
"And, that proves what, exactly? You found someone who shares your opinion so that makes it the right one? I think Vince was simply asking that a bit more tact and grace would be shown in how posts are worded. You can discuss sex and sexual conquests without devolving into the lowest form of vulgarity and raw language."
I wasnt trying to prove anything. It just lets me know I wasnt the only one who noticed Vince's reaction. And as for being asked to be more tactful,I saw no such request,what I saw was a response that was no better than the alleged "lowest form of vulgarity and raw language." I feel like Im fighting someone elses battle so Ill post one more time and leave it be. But Bruce please try to lighten up a little, we are merely discussing a subject that was bound to surface sooner or later,dont take it so personally.this topic is sure to come up again and should be delt without attacking each other.I dont want the ladies around here to not feel welcome,but Im sure they understand that they are in the minority here and comments like those are bound to happen.This doesnt make it right but its gonna happen from time to time and short of banning any form of vulgarity we shouldnt let that create personal grudges between us.Unless it goes beyond some light hearted "vulgarity" I dont think anyone should be singled out and picked on.I have no problem with Vince or anyone else on this forum,I rarely even post,I just noticed something and brought it to everyones attention.I feel this has gone nowhere,so I am suggesting a moderator close this thread.
P.S. Vince I hope you dont think I have anything against you,but we ALL can get a little imature sometimes,even moderators
Peace
biggrin.gif

Luis S

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator
P.S. Vince I hope you dont think I have anything against you,but we ALL can get a little imature sometimes,even moderators
Hey, it is their forum, ya know! If a mod feels that someone is going OTT with the innuendo, then it's not unreasonable for them to drop hints asking that it be toned down.
rolleyes.gif

This is probably the exact sort of thread that leads the more prudish sorts to bellyache to Ron and Parker about shutting down the AHL section.

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad we are all talking like adults and I'd like to thank everyone for posting here. Vince, sorry if "Vinny" is not a name you don't like "Vinny", but I had a buddy who died years ago named Vince and everybody called him "Vinny." I am sorry, I wasn't thinking of you personally and will call you Vince or Mr.Maskeeper, which ever you perfer from now on. As for the gentleman who stated the story was false-That is incorrect. First off, I've been to many of them where a lot worse, or better than depending on your piont of view, things happen. I've been to some were the strippers were paid $30-40 to give out oral sex. Me waking up with that girls feet in my face was nothing. It was the wildest experience I had at one, so I posted. That's all. God bless.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Woh.
I come back from the studio and find I became the topic of conversation.
Let me say, flat out, I had not a single problem with this topic, or the dreaded s-e-x. I just happened across a few posts by one individual which, especially when the topics weren't about sex, were a bit on the excessive side. Normally I wouldn't even notice, but it seemed to pop up SO MANY TIMES that I just had to ask.
Again- I had no problem with this topic, or anyone posting within it. But after I came across the "I just made my girlfriend's face look like a glazed donut" comment that came out of left field in a topic which had nothing to to with anything, I just had to ask if the guy talks about anything other than his wee-wee (and the futurer comments that he didn't mean any sexual by that were worthy of a chuckle
rolleyes.gif
).
I think my opinions of the average male opinion of proper behavior and thought are well documented. Until social standard swing back my way, I guess I'll have to endure the populous. Fair enough. Regardless I wasn't objecting to any stories in this thread, anything posted in this thread, or anything about this thread. I just figured itr was a decent place to ask about a person's posting habits... I might have been wrong. His post did seem a bit out of place, however, in rereading the others...
-Vince
PS: My mom calls me Vinny. Other than that, I prefer Vince- but you won't get a rise out of me either way.
Oh one last thing, to the poster who referred to me as a "dick" and said "This is the after hours lounge ya know."- yeah, but it's not ANYTHING GOES. There wouldn't be an after hours area if it weren't for myself and a few of the moda- Ron looks to remove it entirely every single month. I've singlehandedly offered to moderate the area if that's what it takes to keep it running. Its posters who harbor 70 posts and hang out heavily in After Hours and topics like this that will get this area removed, mark my words.
People piss and moan about topics being closed in AH, but I'd say we should be happy it exists at all. Ron and Parker see the HTF as HOME THEATER related and any bullshit outside of that is more hassle than it is worth. And everyone here seems real eager to push that as far as it will go- rather than keeping the spirit of the forum here as well!
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority !!
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on November 12, 2001 at 02:40 AM]

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Vince,
We appreciate your proctoring of the AH forum. Even though you may sometimes rub people the wrong way, I think you do a good job of monitoring this.
The AH section of HTF is far better than trying discuss anything with the many tube steaks that exist in Usenet.
People often times get "big balls" when they don't have to contend with the threat of having their ass kicked for being a total ass. This forum allows like-minded people to have friendly discussion. I like it because sometimes there is something other than HT to discuss. (I can't believe I said that).
------------------
"What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
Stolen from a BBS in 1985

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Hey Vince, I never said you were a dick, just that you kinda came came off that way
biggrin.gif
.Hope theres no hard feelings
icon14.gif
.You may have ideal that you firmly believe in,but that doesnt make the way you react right either.Some of Gilbert's comments may seem crude,I agree,however,you have been the only one that constantly gets offended.Most,like myself, seem to either ignore it or are amused by it.Just dont make your personal beliefs forced on others as it only will create problems with those that feel differently.Your only supposed to edit out obscene or innapropriate content not preach what you feel is right.and as for my comment about this being the AHL,I only meant that we should be a little more relaxed about the whole subject cause like it or not people will use this area to talk nonsense unrelated to HT.hopefully this area will never close down but untill it does we should all just enjoy it.
Luis S

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
What was this topic about again? Oh yeah, Bachelor Parties. I was at one last year for my roommate. We went to Outback, had a great dinner, then went to the local strip joint (The Metropolis for those in Oregon). In my opinion, we actually had a better time at the Outback. The waitress was really great! Joking with us, getting us to try their shots, some flirting. It was a blast. The strippers seemed very uptight compared to her. (Or maybe it was because I'd had way too many drinks by the time we got to the Metropolis. :) ) My roommate doesn't even remember it. Everyone else had a good time though.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Virgo: All Virgo's are extremely friendly and intelligent, except for you. Expect a big surprise today, when you wind up with your head impaled upon a stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks