What's new

I like the Apples In Stereo... (1 Viewer)

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
Good to see this thread resurfacing! See if we can catch each other up on some of the latest greatest popfections.
Three that I've been playing almost non-stop recently....
Supergrass - Life On Other Planets ....man, this group has really outdone themselves with this one! An extraordinary pop record....BUY IT NOW!!!!
Badly Drawn Boy - Have You Fed The Fish? ....as good as the last one, and that's saying ALOT! Brilliant...but, I doubt this is news to most involved in this thread.
and last but not least...
OK Go - OK Go ...an amazing debut release! Already towards the top of my favorite power poppers pile. Reminds me of Jellyfish big time and every bit as good. I think that we'll be hearing big things from this band, they could be huge.
Jon

Matthew Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard just one Apples in Stereo tune, the one from the Powerpuff Girls "Heroes and Villains" cd (hey, there's some great tunes on that disc - if nothing else, it introduced me to Optiganally Yours, for which I'm forever grateful).

I thought the song was ok, but it hasn't grabbed me. Would you Apples fans say that song is indicative of their stuff? I too love finding great new music, and the XTC comparison got my attention.

Greg Smith

Grip
Coming back to this thread again.

I've recently been turned on to Dressy Bessy. If the description "sunny, happy pop songs" applies to any sound, it applies to the sound of Dressy Bessy.

They're three guys and a girl; she writes and sings.

I have a collection of their singles from '97 to '02 titled Little Music. Good stuff. Very upbeat and poppy. Pure sugar.

I'm still going through and looking for other artists recommended in this thread. As an aside, I've also been enjoying the Dandy Warhols quite a bit.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys have found since the last time.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I hope you tracked down some Sloan, Greg. I would have recommended Between The Bridges over Pretty Together at the time, but I've come to enjoy their entire catalog.

The first album by The Polyphonic Spree has some fun stuff on it, and they've supposedly outdone themselves on their upcoming album.

I really like "Freedom Park," the current single from Marah. It's my first exposure to them, and I've read that they put on a hell of a live show. They'll be in Dallas on 8/29. I already plan on going to the 9/3 Indianapolis show based on that single alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks