I like t.A.T.u.!! Am I insane?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin Fontaine, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

I don't know if anyone here knows these 2 russian girls and that infamous lesbian kiss in the video. I just bought their album 2 days ago and really like it. Doing some research on them revealed that they are basically yet another manufactured dance/pop group that didn't write their own songs, which normally I should hate.

But for some reason I like them, it's like if there is something different about them that makes them better than Britney/Christina and all the others. I started posting on their message board on their official site (And intend to post a link to this thread there) and reading other people's post and it seems that basically everyone there hates manufactured pop/dance, most are into Punk, Metal, Alternative and stuff but they like them!

This is really weird...

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

3. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

Their English album is all right, but I like their Russian album a lot better. The repetition in their songs works a lot better in the native tongue, and regardless, the Russian language just sounds cool!
    All the English album is is a handful of their Russian tracks with English translations aimed more at sounding good within the music than maintaining the original meaning of the songs. Kind of like a dub of a foreign language movie, I guess.
    The original Russian language album can be had cheaply, but watch out for bootlegs. These are pretty common on Ebay. I obtained a copy of the Russian album from http://www.sverdlovstore.com/music/c...p?peopleid=324 - it admittedly looks a little shady, but I took a chance and got my order within about a week. The "V.I.P." version of the album is questionable, but I know the other two albums they have listed (one is sold out) are legit. Anyway, at about $10 shipped, you can't go wrong.

4. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

Oh, and if you think the video for Ya Soshla S Uma ("All The Things She Said") is hot, download the videos for Prostie Dvizenija ("Simple Motions") and 30 Minut ("30 Minutes"). They're both in Russian, and fun to watch. It's interesting to see how much more sex (and violence) is allowed in Russian music videos.

5. Martin Fontaine

6. Martin Fontaine

Pete, I clicked your link and it says 0 items!

Anywhere else I can import this from?

I've downloaded some MP3s and some MPGs of their russian stuff, and man, Russians seem to have no problems with sex/violence in videos compared to here! And if my theories are correct about the original lyrics, I guess the english versions are a form of censorship and if the original lyrics (If as explicit as I think they are) were just translated as is, even a "Parental Advisory" label wouldn't be enough to allow this here!

I also need a site with original lyrics translations of their songs...

7. Martin Fontaine

Still says 0 Items found on that link...
    Posting around their official forum, I found links to other sites that carry their albums. I place an order from http://www.russianbeat.com last saturday and I'm still waiting. In the mean time, I found http://www.rbcmp3.com which has a few more of their releases (Some out of stock) and that song you mentionned Prostie Dvizenija is on This one It has basically all English and all Russian tracks on the same disk. It lets you stream the whole disk in WMA and man that song seems pretty explicit, no need to understand any Russian to tell what it's about!!! Is it legit or a boot? If a boot, where can I get a legit disk with Prostie Dvizenija on it?

8. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    ...so the secret for suck-cess, for girl groups is have lesbian kisses in videos?[​IMG]

9. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

10. Martin Fontaine

11. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention...
    The DVD for "All The Things She Said" is definitely worth checking out. It just has the video for the one song (only the English version, sadly), but it does feature aggressive 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS audio mixes which make the disc worth your while. It was only available at a handful of independent music stores (see http://www.tatugirls.com/stores.html ), but it can be had on Ebay for under $10 (the people selling the DVD make a huge profit, as the DVD was priced at $1-2 depending on where you looked).

12. Martin Fontaine

Interesting about the DVD... Kinda sucks that I have to go through eBay to get it, why couldn't they release it properly? I see many DVD Singles in stores and have a few... Woah! t.A.T.u. in DTS, that must be something! Too bad they didn't include the OSL track on the DVD, considering the english version is really a dub rather than a separate version, it could have been there if they wanted to.

My order for the Russian Album shipped on Sunday, hopefully it will be here before the weekend.

Hopefully they'll release a proper DVD with All The Things She Said, Not Gonna Get Us and 30 Minutes with both soundtrack options. Of course we can't hope for Prostie Dvizenya because I believe them being under 18 would make that video illegal in this country.