What's new

I like my boss... (1 Viewer)

EugeneR

Second Unit
Weird, I know. But today he just marched into my office and handed me a check for $500 out of the blue "to defray the rising price of gasoline." I live pretty close to the office, don't drive that much on business and have a pretty fuel efficient car. But I didn't turn it down. :D

Last year I mentioned to him I was trying to buy a house and he gave me a sizable raise two days later, and told me I would still get my review which wasn't due for several months. When review time rolled around, he gave me another chunky raise. Funny, but when I first interviewed with him, I thought he was kind of an asshole, and that he didn't like me at all. I was sure walking out of the interview I wasn't going to get the job. Turned out to be the best boss I ever had. Shows how much I know.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
It's funny that your first impression of the guy said A-hole. My experience is similar but on the other end of the spectrum.

In my experience, most of the people I have met who seem to be friendly and helpful at first turn out to be the biggest pricks/b*tches of all.

I have come to judge excessive niceness from strangers as a warning sign of trouble.

By the same token, people who initially seem distant or uninterested usually end up being down to earth and easy to get along with. Go figure.

Can you ask your boss to give me a raise too? ;)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Pretty interesting philosophy Robert. The more I apply it to the people I know, the more it seems to be true! :)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I think I'll print out your message and show it to my boss. ;)

I actually work for a pretty generous company. After exceptionally good months, the CEO hands out $100 bonuses to all employees.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Ah, but flushing is expensive, and they didn't tell you that the fountain and the toilet are connected...! ;)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a good boss, Eugene. My boss does yours one better, I'm afraid. He lets me sleep under his roof and eat his food.

Thank heavens for parents. :D They let you save your money for retirement/house while you mooch off of them!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I work for the government....enough said :angry:

My supervisor refuses to give me a performance evaluation, so I have nothing in my personnel file. Going to HR and complain didn't do any good. Forget about raises. And worst of all, I've seen my supervisor enter bathroom stalls with work papers....only to see those work papers given to his subordinates later on. :thumbsdown:

Really....what line of work are you in, Eugene?

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

That sucks, usually HR is all over supervisors for this stuff. How long have you been with the company and how many employees ?

LewB

Screenwriter
Ahh, Human Resources. Their motto is: Human Resources, were the employees are considered to be neither.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks