What's new

I know it's only a rumor, but Van Halen with DLR....reformed (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
They went through a messy divorce recently, didn't they? That couldn't have helped Eddie's mood. They were married for a long time.

What was the issue between him and Michael Anthony? Was it just that Anthony toured with Sammy?

I am DYING for some DLR-era Van Halen live material on DVD. I never got to see them back then, but I can imagine those were amazing shows.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I'm not sure an entire dave era show exists. The footage mentioned above is from Oakland '81, and from what Michael Anthony has said, only those 3 or 4 songs were filmed. The best hope we may have is the US Festival, but from what I've read about it, the band was so wasted, it wasn't a good performance. Showtime aired some footage from the Diver Down tour, 3 or 4 songs. I've heard copies of that and they sound really good, but they may have been doctored in the studios. There may be some hope, but Eddie has never been one to let out anything that isn't "perfect".

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wolfgang was playing out with VH when he was 13?!?!?! :eek:

With all the random unreleased footage that so many bands dig up from that era -- I've gotta believe that there's SOME live VH material out there. Somewhere. I hope!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I don't know, this whole Vanhalen reunion sounds kinda lousy. they should probably just hang up their guitars and get over it.

They're not exactly relevent. If they aren't making new music it's just sad.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I saw him play in that 2004 tour in Mass. - He was REALLY good! I can just imagine that he's even better now.

DanielBrown

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel Brown

There is a show from Oct 82 in Maryland that was professionally shot and is around. Im fairly certain that its complete, about 2 hours

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I think you may be referring to the Largo show. It is a recording made from the cameras used to feed the displays that are around the venue. It wasn't recorded by the band and it doesn't have audio from the soundboard. There are several shows that are floating around, Largo is one of the better ones, as is the US Festival. The only live footage that I know of that was santioned by the band is the US Festival, which I don't see ever coming out since the band was so wasted, and Oakland '81, which Michael Anthony has said only includes the fours songs that are out now.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Genesis hasn't been broken up for nearly as long as DLR/ VH or the Police. (It'd be more comparable if Peter Gabriel were involved.)

I didn't know that Crowded House got back together, or Jesus and Mary Chain, or Rage Against The Machine. Can't say as I particularly care much about any of them though. :)

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
The Led Zeppelin rumors are starting up again too....

Zeppelin, The Police, Van Halen.... I'm gonna have to give my high school sweetheart a call. :)

c

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Last I heard was that Gabriel was too busy with his own projects to take part in this reunion, but he didn't rule out possibly doing something Genesis-related in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks