What's new

I know it's only a rumor, but Van Halen with DLR....reformed (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Veeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting!

How is DLR's voice these days?

I've heard that DLR is the one member of the band who isn't keen on allowing their songs to be in the game Guitar Hero (the developers have stated that Panama is the song they most want to include in a future edition). Hopefully a fun tour will change his mind!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I was lucky enough to see the 2004 tour, one of the first shows, before Eddie lost it. Sammy Hagar is an amazing front man. One of the best I've ever seen. He knows exactly who is responsible for his checks. They didn't play "Summer Nights".

DLR Van Halen Tour? I'll believe it when I see it.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I'm sure the rumours are true, but I don't see it holding together. Eddie has become almost as eccentric as Dave. They're both nut jobs. Dave is naturally, Eddie is from the years of boozing.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I would goto this. David Lee Roth is playing my home town in a couple weeks, but I can't make it.

What happened on the 2004 tour? If someone could post a link, it would be appreciated.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Sammy hasn't spoken to Eddie since the last show they did together according to reports I have read. I haven't heard what happened between them but apparently Eddie is a nutcase now based on the many reports I have read. It is sure to be too expensive to interest me but I wouldn't go even if it wasn't, these guys can't be any good now.

Chris

mylan

Screenwriter
I last saw VH with Sammy back in 92 or 93. This would be great news either way, DLR or Hagar. I do know there was tension between Eddie and Sammy, Sammy and DLR but what happened between Eddie and Michael Anthony? Concerning Eddie being a nutjob, I saw a pic on the internet of him and he looked like an old lady, skinny, bad or missing teeth, he has really let himself go.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
The main rift occured when Sammy balked at doing the last tour because Eddie didn't want Michael Anthony on bass. Sammy refused to go out without him. Eddie seems to think that Michael betrayed the band when he played with Sammy on the "Sam and Dave" tour. The truce between Ed and Sam never was very strong. Basically Alex brought them back together, but by the end of the tour Sammy had had enough of Eddie's drinking and it blew up back stage. Eddie came out very drunk and smashed his guitar on the stage. They haven't spoken since, and since that time Michael Anthony gave an interview where he basically spilled his guts and said "Yeah, the rumours are true" about just about everything that's happened in the past 10 years, including Dave coming back to try again with the band in 2001.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Michael Anthony, touring and recording with Sammy after VH's last reunion tour didn't help either. But then Sammy seems to get along well with everyone, including Gary Cherone, who appears on Sammy's latest release.

mylan

Screenwriter
I've liked every version of VH except for the one Cherone album. There may be one or two good songs but most reley on sound effects, the one where it sounds like pipes being dropped comes to mind. The last song on the disc that Eddie sings, "How many say I" I think, is painful to listen to.
Regarding Eddie's drinking, perhaps that was the last straw with Valerie, she had even been doing some episodes of "Touched By An Angel". I'd hate to think that Ed was the reason we cannot get new VH albums, heck I would buy one with nothing but him playing solo!

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
From what I've read, Ed's playing in '98 was amazing. His playing in 2004 was spotty most nights, and many nights he was horrible. I didn't spent $100 to go see them because I had read reviews of most of the shows up to that point, and they weren't good. Ed just needs to drop Van Halen and do what he wants to do. He can release a solo album with him playing chello, Al on drums and Wolfy on bass. Just don't call it Van Halen. Let the band be remembered for what it was and move on.

Tim L

Second Unit
yikes! that is one scary picture-looks like a crazed homeless guy or something. still a VH fan though
thetman

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Dave's combover is just as scary. I think Eddie's cancer hit him harder than he lets on. I think that's why his teeth look so scary, along with the smoking and drinking.

Monty B

Agent
Eddie was interviewed by Howard Stern a few months ago. He said he would be open to touring with DLR but he made some snide remarks about Michael Anthony. Eddie said that if a tour was to happen his son Wolfgang would likely handle the bass duties. Eddie said that he jams all the time at his house with Alex and Wolfgang but he has no interest in recording new Van Halen music.

With the release of the outstanding KISS and Led Zeppelin DVDs recently I am hoping for a DVD of some vintage Van Halen. I'm sure everyone remembers the videos for Unchained and So This Is Love that they used to show on MTV so obviously footage does exist.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
The pictures of Ed don't look bad. He is not obese, not bald and appears fit. He does look his age but so do I and most other 50+ year olds. The really bad picture just has a 50 year decades drinking and smoking rocker with an odd expression. Weird looking yes, but who doesn't make weird expressions at times?

I don't think his wife (ex-wife?) looks all that great for a 40 something movie star. Compare each to their peers and I think Valerie is way further below average than Eddie. Of course 40 something female movie stars are an incredible group so I am obviously choosing an unfair comparison. Valerie always had a round face that could not afford any weight gain is my take.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/...lli,%20Valerie

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks