What's new

I know it's only a rumor, but.....Genesis reformed?? (1 Viewer)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I am so excited for this. I really became a Genesis fan just before the last tour they did and missed out on it. I saw Phil Collins on tour back in '04, it was good, just not the same. I have just about ruined my Three Sides Live disc, one of my favorites of all time and now am dying to see them in concert. I pray they come to Michigan and play, but I don't know anyone else that is a big fan like me and will probably go by myself.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Can't manage to get to any of the UK dates :frowning: I guess I'll have to wait for the inevitable DVD of the tour. On the bright side, at least I won't have to re-mortgage the house to buy decent tickets. ;)

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
This morning, I secured tickets to the opening gig of the Turn It On Again tour in Helsinki on June 11.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Looking forward to the remastered albums as well to brush up on my Genesis awareness. A couple of early albums are absent from my collection.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
North American tour dates just announced....

2007/09/07 Toronto BMO Field Canada
2007/09/11 Boston TD Banknorth Garden Arena USA
2007/09/14 Montreal Stade Olympique Canada
2007/09/16 Hartford Civic Center USA
2007/09/18 Philadelphia Wachovia Center USA
2007/09/22 Columbus Nationwide Arena USA
2007/09/23 Washington Verizon Center USA
2007/09/27 East Rutherford Giants Stadium USA
2007/09/29 Cleveland Quicken Loans Arena USA
2007/09/30 Detroit Palace of Auburn Hills USA
2007/10/02 Chicago United Center USA
2007/10/09 San Jose HP Pavilion USA
2007/10/12 Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl USA

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Thanks Danny, saw these on pollstar yesterday, I'm assuming there will be more dates, but as of now not very impressed, a lot of Tuesday and Sunday dates, surprised they didn't book something at MSG, not that I'd go anyways since they may very well be charging Police-like prices...

Bought Giants Stadium tickets today through Amex presale -- $496 for two floor tickets including the fees! Despite being about 20 rows from the stage, this is some serious coin for a concert! This makes the $120 or so for the box set of SACDs through HMV-Japan seem like a drop in the bucket. But I kept my promise to myself that if I ever got to see any of three bands reunite, I would buy the best seats I could regardless of price. Those bands in order are Pink Floyd, The Eagles and Genesis.

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
It really has got out of hand and I'm finally starting to restrain myself a lot...in fact in the last 6 months, with the exception of 1 show ($40), I haven't spent more than $20 on a ticket. These big names, and especially reunions that are just retirement funds, are getting absurd. If I get to the point where I really don't care about money, which probably won't be for a while as I'm 22 and just started working in the real world, I'll pony up $500 for a pair of tickets...until then, I'll just wait until the tour DVD comes up and crank up my HT and enjoy the music at home...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Holy crap!! Craig, do you know what the range of prices was??

My brother & I have been looking forward to this for awhile. We we saw no dates in the South we decided we'd take a vacation out to California and see the San Jose & Hollywood Bowl shows. But at these prices, I dunno...

San Jose goes on presale tomorrow. I guess I'd better set a limit.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I am very lucky that they are coming to The Palace, just a 40 minute drive from my house, but man, those prices are killer. I won't be getting the close seats, probably the cheap seats for me, but at least I will be there.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
In the US Press Conference, Phil mentioned that "the Lamb thing" with PG and SH is still a possibility. At the prices tickets cost, I'll just hold out for that possibility......

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Yeah, that's what we decided to do as well. After all, I've seen the current touring lineup 4 times (1980-1991) already. If they add a southern leg (Dallas, Houston) to the tour we'll take in a show. Otherwise, I'm holding out hope for the ultimate reunion we all really want.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so change the title to take out the rumor thing

and when will the sacd/s be put up for sale

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks