I know it's only a rumor, but.....Genesis reformed??

Danny Tse

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member

What are you waiting for, Jeff? The "Live at Wembley" DVD is quite good....I like it better than the "We Can't Dance Tour" DVD. $10.97 shipped is a bargain!!

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I ordered the DVD yesterday around 4pm. It made it's way to Dallas by 5 this morning. There is an outside chance of it getting to me tonight, but I would guess I'll have it by mid-morning tomorrow.

Can't wait!

PaulDA

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I have that DVD (as well as the "We Can't Dance") and I like them both. Probably the heaviest concert DVDs in my rotation (along with PG's Secret World and Growing Up--sense a pattern?
). I was miffed that "In the Cage" didn't make it to the DVD, but perhaps we'll see a release of the Three Sides Live concert on DVD someday. Who knows?

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Assuming they tour, how much do you guys think tickets will run? Sadly, whatever the high end ones are, I will pay regardless.

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Those "Classic Rock Legends" discs are supposedly horrible (as opposed to the "Classic Albums" series discs, which are awesome). Let us know how it is!

PaulDA

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I have an audio CD version of the Supertramp release in this series (got it as a Christmas gift). It's interesting from an "academic" point of view (lots of discussions about musicianship, techniques, trends of the day, etc., as well as some background on the various band members) but it only contains snippets of performances. I suspect they are all like that and, as such, are likely only of interest to the serious fan.

TheLongshot

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Yep, that's what the Classic Rock Legends DVDs offer. It is pretty much music critisizm about the band in question. If you are into that, that's cool, but don't expect much band footage.

Jason

Danny Tse

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Recent pic of the band rehearsing?

Note Phil's recent slim look. BTW, the press conference on November 7th will be webcasted. Keep your fingers crossed on the hi-rez reissues.

Joe Valha

Stunt Coordinator

Not great, but not horrible. It might not be the best, but now I have a DVD with Peter Gabriel performing with Genesis.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Ok. I't a Go!!!!

European stadiums in the summer of 2007. Banks said Genesis also planned to extend the tour to the United States with 20 dates in September.

Link to webcast here didn't work for me:
http://www.genesis-music.com/

Webcast working link here:
http://www.genesislive.tv/

And I am very excited for this, whatever the cost, as they will be playing old music.

From http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

Also confirming the old material inclusion are snippets from the webcast:

- Phil noting that they will be doing songs from all the way back to 1973
- Phil saying they will play a huge range of stuff
- Mike mentioning they will be doing a lot more longer instrumental and double drum stuff than they have in the past
- etc.....

Supposedly, Peter does not want to do it, at this time (according to things said in the webcast). However, he will be touring solo at the same time. The stars could easily align for him to show up here and there. Heck, they could just say, "show up here and do Supper's Ready and be done with it".

However.....just heard an answer to a question at the webcast that they are not planning to do Supper's Ready (read: at this time).

However, that is not such a bad thing. They have so much material, and they are heading to the back catalog, that to play the 24 minute opus every night takes away a lot of time.....

Another good question from the crowd: Will you actually be playing old "songs" or doing medlies(sp?)?

Phil responded essentially by saying they were trying to please everyone and that sometimes they pleased no one with it. He said "we have sorted it out". I read that as they will not do medlies. Tony chimed in that there will of course be some instrumental ones, but that has sort of always been the case (i.e., In The Cage/Slipperman/Afterglow, Los Endos, etc).

I just can't wait!!!!!!!!

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
I hope this reunion prompts their UK label to finally release the SACDs that have apparently been ready to go for ages.

Danny Tse

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member

The release schedule of the SACD was listed in the Genesis SACD thread. Basically, releases will start March 2007 and coming in 3 blocks, up thru Spring of 2008. Will be hybrid stereo/multi-channel SACD packaged with DVD, with bonus tracks.

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
Just to sum it up nicely ...

To coincide with the Genesis tour, EMI Records will be re-issuing 14 Genesis studio albums in three stages during 2007. All the releases will be SACD/DVD double disc sets featuring newly re-mastered 5.1 surround sound and stereo mixes. The release schedule is as follows:

March 2007: A Trick Of The Tail (1976), Wind & Wuthering (1977), …And Then There Were Three…(1978), Duke (1980) Abacab (1981)

June/July 2007: Genesis(1983), Invisible Touch(1986), We Can't Dance (1991), Calling All Stations(1997)

Late 2007/Early 2008: Trespass (1970), Nursery Cryme (1971), Foxtrot (1972 ), Selling England By The Pound (1973), The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway(1974)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Therma123