1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

I know it's only a rumor, but.....Genesis reformed??

Discussion in 'Music' started by Danny Tse, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    BTW, am I wrong for liking Calling All Stations?

[​IMG]

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Jason
    Ange:

I agree with you. I think Hackett leaving Genesis hurt more than Gabriel leaving. Course, I only like one Gabriel era album. (Selling England)

I'm a big fan of W&W, tho. A bit less for Trick.

Yes. [​IMG]

Actually, I like to listen to it to hear Nick D'Virgilio (of Spock's Beard) play drums on it, but for the most part, it was a lackluster album.

Jason

3. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

I'm gonna get shot for this.... but No Jacket Required was one of the first albums I ever bought with my own money instead of getting as a present

4. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

Nothing wrong with No Jacket Required. "One More Night" is a great ballad, and "Take Me Home" is an all-time Collins great.

It's no Face Value, though. That album is on par with most Gabriel and Hackett solo stuff.

5. Erik Johansson

Well, it appears the rumour still lives. A big newspaper in Sweden claims Gabriel and Collins will announce a reunion on tuesday in L.A. The early seventies line-up, recreating "The lamb" on tour and a new record in the fall.
    I don't know if there's any credibility to it, no sources given. I am sceptical, considering the statement in December.

6. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman

Zounds! I didn't even realize he played on it.

7. Don Lindbergh

8. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

From May 21, 2006 chicago.broadwayworld.com interview of Phil Collins....

Read the entire interview.

9. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

10. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

No mention of Steve Hackett??? It's just an '80s lite nostalgia tour!

11. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    This appears to be the case, then. Disappointed we won't get the full reunion w/ Gabriel & Hackett - but I'll be there anyway.

12. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Jason
    I can't get too excited about this. I mean, I've seen that version of Genesis live.

Now, if Hackett and/or Gabriel were involved, then we'd have something.

Jason

13. andrew markworthy

Interesting, but not overwhelming. If in the UK leg of the tour they come to Cardiff Millennium Stadium (about 10 miles from where I live) I'd go, but I certainly wouldn't think it worth the effort to make a three hour trip into London or Birmingham.

14. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Which version will we see? The Duke version? (Much preferred.) Or the We Can't Dance version? (Ugh!)

15. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    I'd guess neither, or both. I suspect it'll be like every Who tour since the "last" one--a "greatest hits" package. I've never caught them live, so I'll probably go if they come close by, but it's too bad they couldn't get everyone on board.

16. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

you know, THIS is the Genesis I grew up with, THIS is the Genesis I would love to see live. I love Peter Gabriel as a solo artist, but if him and Phil toured together, Phil would just take a backseat and frankly, Phil's Genesis material blows away his solo material (besides Face Value) and Phil never does Genesis songs in his solo act.

I'm excited, I can care less if others are mad, I grew up with ABACAB and Invisible Touch, it'll be great to see those three again

17. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

I don't think it's fair of those of us who came up of age during the "And Then There Were Three" lineup for people on the other board that the news was linked to saying that Genesis without Gabriel is like Pink Floyd without Roger Waters. A better analogy would be like hoping for Van Halen to reunite with Roth, but instead we got a Hagar reunion instead. While a lot of people believe the 78-84 VH was the best, the band still had enough success with Hagar that to deny that they did well with him is an insult to those who bought 5150, OU812 and the rest.

Genesis touring with the Phil-led lineup over the Peter-led lineup is Van Halen touring with Hagar over Roth, NOT Pink Floyd touring without Waters, or Queen touring without Freddie.

18. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Jason
    I was actually more interested in Hackett coming back than Gabriel. IMO, Genesis lost a lot more when Hackett left.

Jason

19. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

20. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

From http://www.genesis-music.com/newsgenesis.htm#November

While I, for one, would like to see PG tour with them, I will still be very happy to see them tour again. Last time I did was the "Mama" tour. I hope they play a mix of eras.......If they play Duchess, I would be happy......If they play In The Cage/Afterglow I would be very happy......If they play Supper's Ready........I would be freakin' psyched!!!! We'll see.

For nostalgia, here's a PG era performance of Supper's Ready (grainy video, but audio is pretty good):

And I found this snippet of Supper's Ready from 75 with PC singing.......

I like both, but I have to agree with the above statements about Seconds Out.....A damn fine live album....er....cd......

Does anyone have the Live at Wembley DVD? I initially balked at getting it, due to In The Cage not being on there. But since I recently learned that that was due to all cameras having their reels changed at the same time, and since I am currently doing a trial of Amazon prime, $10.97 shipped is hard to pass up. And maybe this will keep me satiated until the announcement on the 7th......