1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

I Know & I Still Know reissues...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Christopher Carr, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Christopher Carr

Christopher Carr Stunt Coordinator

Dvdfile.com just announced that Columbia is releasing a new lower price reissue of the double set with new cover art. But the announcement says "specs are the same" but the new awesome (read: horribly disgusting makes me want to gag) covers shows I Know What You Did Last Summer as a SPECIAL EDITION. Are the specs really the same because well, the one I own if they are the same features contains an audio commentary...and a trailer...ooh! that's very special...but I mean I Still Know contains more features than the original so if they are just the same discs redone for nothing- why would it be a special edition? Anyone have any news on this? I personally love I Know (big smg fan) and would love to replace my old almost featureless flipper with a special edition if it really is special...

2. DeanWG

DeanWG Stunt Coordinator

Well, for Columbia, I don't think a trailer and a commentary warrants a "Special Edition" label. If it were Paramount, on the other hand . . . [​IMG]

3. Christopher Carr

That's what I was thinking because well companies like Paramount would be all over a collector's edition with that minimum of features- I mean Columbia is re-releasing ENOUGH in a special edition to make up for the lame barebones release last year- yes I know ENOUGH isn't quality film and neither is I KNOW WHAT U DID LAST SUMMER but I always believed a film like I KNOW deserved a special edition...I just hope it isn't a plain reissue of the one out now

4. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

i don't understand this reissue.

a two pack of these discs goes for $17 or $18 bucks right now. this is a reissue just to get some new cover art out there?

5. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

According to DVD Empire, it's "An all-new Special Edition of I Know What You Did Last Summer." The new set retails for $24.95.

6. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Did you notice how they cropped JLH's pictures on the cover. Just low enough to get her tata's in BOTH pictures. So obvious it's down right blatant.:b

7. MichaelZema

MichaelZema Extra

anyone know where there is a bigger picture of the new cover? the one on dvdfile is way too small.

8. Christopher Carr

If you go to DVDPLANET.COM you can pull up a larger picture of the cover. They aren't that great of covers but the first definitely states "SPECIAL EDITION" at the top.

9. Christopher Carr

Well after waiting a couple days (well, being off in Maine wilderness could be considered waiting...) I decided to check up on what Sony.com had to say about their dvd release on the new Deluxe double set of the I Know Films- and here is the scoop:

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER:
    - Director's Commentary
    - Exclusive New Documentary!
    - Director's short film "Joyride" with optional commentary
    - Music Video: "Hush" performed by Kula Shaker
    - Photo Gallery
    - Filmographies
    - Theatrical Trailers
    - Languages: English, 5.1, Spanish Dolby Surround, French Dolby Surround
    - Subtitles: English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
    - Widescreen Format

I STILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER:
    - Music Video: Jennifer Love Hewitt, "How Do I Deal?"
    - Making-of Featurette
    - Theatrical Trailers
    - Languages: English, Dolby Surround and 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
    - Subtitles: English
    - Scene Selections
    - Widescreen and Full Screen Formats

So I guess I Still Know is just a repackaging of the old DVD that has already come out while the first is indeed a "special" edition of the film. While I am kind of happy that there is a special edition of this film coming out, I am not fully excited for the new features. I mean an exclusive new documentary could be cool to see a behind the scenes look at the making of the film with cast members and stuff like that but hopefully it won't be a half hour worth of featurette-esque production with 75% of the feature being clips from the movie. I mean cool- photo gallery...and ooo! a music video...and a random film...but I am really considering on picking this up considering that this new special edition of I Know is exclusively Widescreen and has the new documentary- let's just hope that in a couple years (or if they pull a Black Hawk Down on us) they don't suddenly realize o wait we forgot to add this onto it and decide to release the three disc Deluxe Edition of the first film. Oh well- at least we get a special edition at all (well I'm happy considering that it's one of my fave films). So there's the scoop.

10. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    Yup, definitely not worth the upgrade for me. I dunno, but I've been more than underwhelmed with the special features of a lot of SE re-releases that have been announced recently including Columbia's Desperado and El Mariachi SEs and Universal Scarface and Animal House SEs.

Chris

11. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I would upgrade the first one, but that would mean buying the second one, so I'll pass until they're released individually, if ever.

12. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

So how did the killer reprogram the karoke machine just in time for JLH to forget the words while no one else was looking?