What's new

I know Halo's a somewhat old topic, BUT... (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
A buddy of mine that finally dumped his psycho-beatch from hell, and now is allowed out of the house to re-enter society, came over my house last night. We hadn't hooked up for over a year due to ms. Beatch.
Anyhoo...he comes over around 10:30pm, after work. I was wrapping up a Morrowind session and figured I'd shut of The Box and we'd crank up the HT and watch whatever he wanted. Grab a pizza, case of beer, drink heavily, you know, GUY STUFF!!!! :emoji_thumbsup:
He mentions that we could play some Xbox games since he's basically a pc type of game player and was interested in seeing the Xbox.
It was then that I made my mistake. I said, "Well, have you ever played Halo"?
I finally had to throw him out at 6:25am. Yes, that is right; 6 in the f*#king morning!!!!
This is a guy that loves turn based, strategy games. *yawn* I was shocked that he'd be so hooked by Halo.
As I said, this is old news to us here at the forum. Halo's great, yadda yadda yadda. It was just that my friend, that NEVER plays these types of game, could be so hooked by something he usually hates, really drove home the point, once more, that Halo is up there with the greatest of the great in videogaming.
On a side note; he absolutely sucked at playing the game and it was driving me crazy!!!! I also, for the very 1st time, started getting motion sick from an FPS but, I rack that up to the fact that I actually wasn't playing but, was watching a spazz try to play. But, he's my friend and, we hadn't hung out in so long that, I just bit my tongue at all the STOOOOOPID mistakes he was continuously making. :rolleyes
...I save bitching about mistakes for my girlfriend. :D

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
My first and only exposure to Halo was a company team-building event. We played capture the flag in teams of 4 over the corporate LAN and projected by a front projection system onto a very large screen. It was a real blast.

It was so great that the next time BB has one of those 10% off coupons I'll pick up an XBox for the home.

ChrisV

Second Unit
That's great. Everybody loves Halo.
I had an extended Halo session with a buddy the other day, started on Assault on the Control Room on Heroic (that level rocks!) and got all the way to the Maw, when an annoying coop-only glitch happened. I was dropping a grenade in a vent, standing on the ledge, and for whatever reason, I thought I'd jump over into the tube (must have been drunk :)). Anyhow, buddy dies just as I get in the tube, and it closes, causing my rather horrific death. Of course, we both respawn in the tube which has now closed leaving no avenue for escape. PISSCUTTER! :angry:

James D S

Screenwriter
It was so great that the next time BB has one of those 10% off coupons I'll pick up an XBox for the home.
You might have to forego that plan - the BB coupons state that the 10% break does not apply to game systems, among other things. But, you're free to try though. ;)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I love Halo for it's first person aspect, but even more for it's multiplayer.
Too bad I have very few friends who are into video games. So far I have only had a chance to go at multiplayer once:angry:

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
My first and only exposure to Halo was a company team-building event. We played capture the flag in teams of 4 over the corporate LAN and projected by a front projection system onto a very large screen. It was a real blast.
Man, I wish I worked THERE!

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot James now I'll have to go out and buy the XBox today. :)
Oh well there goes my productivity for the week.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Man, I wish I worked THERE!
No $h!t right? I feel ya on that one Chris. I was supposed to have a Halo party at my house last weekend. 4 on the big screen, and 4 on the 36". But one of my homie back out (the one with the other Xbox), so obviously we didn't get to do it. I can't wait to play 2 teams of 4 though.
note from administrator: A complaint was logged regarding the use of a slur originaly made in the above paragraph. It has since been edited out. No real call for that kind of thing. Thanks

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Man, this thread reminds of why I plan on buying a X-Box this weekend with Halo. Halo is a great game!

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
To get your system back, you might get your friend to buy a copy of Unreal Tournament, or Deus Ex for his PC. While they are not Halo, they are very good first person shooters. (And since they are older games, I've seen them for about $19 each.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks