What's new

I know everyone loves their Hsu or SVS but does anyone own a Boston PV900? (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Owing to a number of factors, I got a good package deal (receiver, speakers and sub) from my local dealer and the sub is a Boston Acoustics PV900. The sub and rear speakers are still on layaway (awaiting my tax return) so I could conceivably get something else. However, before everyone points me to SVS and Hsu, here in Canada, the extra costs in getting a comparable model to my PV900 are considerable, and not an option for now. I'd like to hear from any PV900 owners and ask their opinion. Of course when I have mine set up (my dealer has a good return policy) if I don't like it I'll get something else. It will be replacing a Harman Kardon HKTS sub, so I can't imagine that it won't be an improvement.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I guess I'm the lonely guy with this one. Well, I'll either be one of the few proud owners of an unsung unit, or I'll be looking to trade up. I'll let you know once I get it.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
If the PV900 plays like the THX model I heard from a year or so back, then you should be satisfied if your room isn't too big. I heard it in a smaller room(like 12 x12) and it was putting out pretty solid bass. Not SVS level but pretty solid bass. Boston is highly underrated.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
I have the PV700, and I'm quite happy with it. My room is 13x20, by the way. From what I've read, I'd probably appreciate the difference in moving to an SVS sub, but this is the only sub I owned (since returning my PV500 for the PV700), so it sounds great to me!

sean f

Agent
i have the pv 600 in a 12x15 room and am extremely pleased with it. My previous sub was a small 80w sony so this was a big upgrade.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
In Canada, I'd buy Canadian. I'd look at the Paradigm 2200 or one of the PSB models. I once owned a PV1000, and thought it was ok for its size. But it didn't go very low very loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks