What's new

I just turned the big... (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Keith has no idea how close his brush with death was. ... :)
Pamela: I think I've made it clear here and in a PM, but I've never enjoyed life more than I have than in this fourth decade--even when I consider all the rock'n'roll/nightclub/Hollywood-gone-to-seed experiences I enjoyed so much in my thirties.
And since others have broached on the subject, I'll make the plunge: I think women look--and are at--their best by the fourth decade (and the fifth, as well). Hell, women younger than forty simply don't attract me all that much. And I've been this way since I was a teenager (I was heavily influenced by The Graduate--I thought Benjamin had the better deal going with Mrs. Robinson; Elaine was sooo unsexy, whereas Anne Bancroft's Mrs. R fueled many an adolescent fantasy on my part).
You'll get past this funk. In fact, it seems you are already.
Let's hear it for the forties and the fifties. Them's the best.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I may be a little late for your BD but do what all guys want to do when they hit 40...buy a Corvette.:D Okay, maybe an M3.
But seriously, I strongly believe you're only as old as you feel. Think young!

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I think I'm the oldest so far at 47 (I think Jack might be older but he's not admitting it)!
It's really not so bad being old - you can say anything you want and people just think you're senile. :)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Hell, I'm proud I have lived to be 50 :) , the alternative wasn't too good.
Of course, once you hit the senior years you have to remember a few rules:
1- Never pass a restroom without taking advantage of it.
2- Never trust a fart.
Darn, I can't remember the others.....

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Would it make you feel better to have sex with a 21 y/o
Is that legal? :b
But really, thanks to everyone for sending me into fits of giggles and offering up a heaping helping of sage advice and words of wisdom. I guess I'm not ready for the old folks home yet! :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
There's no question about it. Damn, I love Mrs. Robinson. Give me a broken-down, cynical alcoholic woman in an unhappy marriage any day over the prissy, squeeky-clean, All-American Elaine. Life on the edge is more fun.
But I will spare everyone the tired aging-like-a-fine-wine metaphors. Kids in their twenties, bless 'em, are still suffering from the I-know-it-all affliction, blissfully unaware of the cool stuff that awaits.
The only reason I would ever want to be younger is to guarantee that I will be alive when the first manned mission to Mars takes place. And I would accept the age-reversal process only under the condition that my cat's age be reversed too--it'd be cool to see him in his all-fluff-and-buzzes kitten stage again.
Well, I think we've all helped Pamela to feel better. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks