What's new

I just tested my 6-driver IB wall ... my head hurts (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Can't you wire, what is now 9 drivers I belive, to use (all coils) and still end with either a 3-ohm or 6-ohm load?

What ohm-load are looking for the plate amp-250 to drive, (3 or 6) in the end wiring result?

Sorry if I am missing something, just curious as to why you would not use all coils as I am sure the drivers TS-parameters are taken with coils in parralle...?

Coils are 3-ohm a side right?

Geoff

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
Jerry, you are correct. By using only one VC, I double the Qts of the system, therefore extending low-end response.

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Javier!

I didn't know you were working on this.... do you still have the IB working? Maybe I should think again in that HED12... where did you get it at 60bucks?

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
Hola Manuel!

I got it at Santa Fé's Audiomundo... curiously enough, it was the cheapest place (cheaper than República del Salvador, even).

They are now $70 a piece.

I couldn't mount them. I didn't have enough money to finish my home, so I'm selling it :frowning: I'm now trying to figure out where to mount the stuff, if at all. I can't believe I can't find a place for my IB!

I'm happy with the HED's, though... in free air, they take a lot of abuse from my PE 700-394 amp. This is just speculation (I'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks), but I think a pair of these in the right box might be able to sound pretty nicely. :)

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Sorry about your house :frowning:

What about a dipole sub? that would be an interesting proyect... don't know if those drivers would work though

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks