What's new

I just purchased the following Paradigm setup in Canada.. How'd I do? (1 Viewer)

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all:

Just looking to see how I did on my purchases:

Paradigm Studio 60's

Paradign Studio 20's

Paradigm Studio CC

Paradigm PW-2200 Sub

I got the package for $3,000 Canadian Before tax. After tax reimbursement the total will be approximately $1,840 USD. I think that is pretty good?

John

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Not bad. Full MSRP on that would be about $3750 CDN. And as long as you don't tell them you are from the States 20-25% off that should be relatively easy and 25-30% off should be possible in the right store with some good haggling.

So the range after discount would be $3000 to $2625 CDN and you got into it. Might have been able to do a little better, but compared to what it would have cost you in the states you did spectacular.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
John, lets see.
First, I have Paradigm 40's, 20's and the CC. Fantastic speakers. With that out of the way, let's analyze.
Assuming you got the wood veneer for all speakers,
The Studio 60's retail in the states for $1600
The 20's for $900
The CC for $500
I didn't do any research on the sub, so I don't know about that.
Right there alone you are looking at retail of $3000 just for the speakers minus the sub. You got the entire package for $3000 Canadian. Which means you saved about 40% if you don't even factor in the sub. I'd say you got a hell of a deal.
If you have some good electronics to pair with those Dimes, you are going to LOVE your system. I went to Canada for my Dimes as well. Welcome to the club. You won't regret it. I know there are better speakers than Paradigm out there, but if you are close to the border, you cannot do better for the price when factoring in the exchange rate, IMO.
Good Job!
;)

Randy Prue

Stunt Coordinator
John:

First, you got great speakers, and you just found out the price was good.

May I ask WHERE you bought them?

I've been getting deals on one piece at a time. Maybe I'd get a better package price, but I'm taking my time, really fussy about every little piece. Bought ONE speaker today, after going through dozens (and returning them).

I settled on Athena speakers (great sound, for half the price of anything as good: their best front trio in the Audition Series cost me $830. CAD). Dunno about their subs. Haven't seen or heard one yet. I'm still undecided about how good I want the rears to be, and whether they need to be Athena (Infinity's rears screw into the wall, which makes my life much simpler).

I still have to decide on a receiver. It sounds like you found a place that will deal, which I will need when I've decided.

Randy Prue

Stunt Coordinator
P.S. John, if you go to Paradigm's web site, they list recommended packages (first, be in the Reference side of the site), with prices. There should be a package built around the 60s that would be close to or exactly what you bought. The 2200 is about their most expensive sub (that I know of). Their prices are in US $$.

Andrew_B

Stunt Coordinator
The PW2200 is priced just below the servo-15 and plays louder (albeit with more distortion).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks