What's new

I just purchased a pair of Nordost super flatline biwire, sorry chu (1 Viewer)

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
I got a great deal on Nordost cables and decided to try them out. I'll let you know how they sound. I bought them because they look good and heard good things about them. Oh well for the price I paid used for them, I'm not complaining. Sorry Chu!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Bruce, you're scaring me now, hearing things coming from a cable! Maybe you got a good price on the cables because they were tired and worn out? You know sometims people say wire breaks in and like anything else they have a useful life ;) They are pretty though. Bet you paid more than the Monster 2.2s I picked up at a garage sale though :)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Bruce,
Please be aware that cables do settle in, so keep listening as Nordost is known to have relatively long "break-in" periods.
As Bill Low, the respected designer of Audioquest cable, states...
Running-In: As with all audio components, audio cables require an adjustment period. This is often mistakenly referred to as "break-in". However, break-in is properly used to describe a mechanical change-engines break-in, loudspeaker and phono cartridge suspensions break-in. A cable's performance takes time to optimize because of the way a dielectric behaves (the way the insulating material absorbs and releases energy), changes in the presence of a charge. Cables will continue to improve in sound or picture quality over a period of several weeks. This is the same reason amplifiers, preamplifiers and CD players also require an adjustment period. The key difference between "adjusting" and "breaking-in" is that things don't "un-break-in", however, electrical components do "un-adjust". Several weeks of disuse will return a cable to nearly its original state.
Here's a link to the rest of the story:
http://www.audioquest.com/theory/theory5.html

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Nordost is known to use materials that attract stupid electrons. Often times these electrons are confused as to which direction they may be going and often one finds electrons bouncing off the sides while other electrons pass them by. This leads to 'jumping the gun distortion'. Occasionally electrons that travel on the outside of the conductor will comingle and switch places with the electrons on the insulation. This is less of a problem with teflon insulation but regardless is a form of 'crossing over distortion'. If the wire containing the teflon has never been used before its considered virgin and this poses issues with 'virginal adaptation' especially since the virgin teflon, being so inert does not like to be touched. Please go easy when breaking in a virgin cable. Lastly, it takes time for electrons, especially since Nordost has economized by using mentally challenged ones, too properly identify the optimum path from your amp to your speakers. Be careful not to move the wire as then the electrons will have to relearn the path once again. Once the electrons get into your speakers you're pretty safe as the wire in there has plenty of hardy electrons that can take over with virtually no strain on their part. I trust this scientific explanation was useful to you and provides further insight into this poorly explained phenomena :)

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Chu.. Has Leno or Letterman ever asked you to be a guest on their show? :) It would be a great interview!!!

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Chas - I don't think those two would ask for an interview but it might be a good change of pace for Springer. The Springer show makes me feel better and perhaps those spending more money on cables would feel better too. Chu, the number is 1-800-96-Jerry.

Jay_Leonard

Stunt Coordinator
I thought I was reading about cable but suddenly most of the problems I have in adult life were resolved when I realized that I just suffer from "Confused Electrons"
What I need now is a direct telemarketed product that will resolve confused electrons while assisting in weight loss.
:D

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Bruce! I was just having some fun today. By the way I don't have to prove my comments do I? I can be held to the same standard of proof as the Wire Sites, yes? But they are a cool looking cable though Bruce. Any idea why the person sold them?

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
Chu, he sells used hi end equipment like Pass labs amplifiers and cables. Just resells them. He has a pretty good feedback on audio so I bought them.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Chu,

Thank you for that explanation about stupid electrons. I had a guy tell me once that I needed thicker cables because the electrons would tend to clump up in skinny wires and block the signal, which is why I needed to remove the wire periodically and blow into one end to clean out the electron clumps. I couldn't figure out why some electrons clumped and others didn't, and now I know...the answer is stupid electrons.

Jan

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I have based my deep insight largely on the seminal ground breaking research of L.Ron Hubbard, Nikolas Tesla, and Mr. Yuri Geller. I've also had private conversations with Thomas Edison which have been facilitated by my long standing association with John Edwards who has disclosed to me the location of secret notes. You are aware that Mr. Edison is one of America's most prolific awardee of patents...aren't you? :D

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
chu,
... and to fine-tune your insights, don't forget about talking with Edgar Cayce and his people, who, unlike Dianetics, remain on the non-church status thus discussable here.

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
I got my Nordost cables today and I have to say that the colors of the sound became rich, wait a minute :). Well I can't tell any sonic differences other then the fact that it had fuller bass (maybe in my head). I like how my PSB goldi's sound with the kimbers or the nordost biwire. So far I'm happy cause they look really cool. I did Lee's test too, but very briefly.

Phil Mays

Second Unit
HA....so there is a difference!!!:D
Well my psyicic adviser is no where near the caliber of yours Chu, I am doing just fine with Frank Zappa thank you very much.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks